Entry-Level, Data Engineer-Northeast
Area of expertise:
Do you know how excellent data design can support critical business decision-making? So do we.
Data is more than just information: its valuable insight that gives businesses the knowledge to transform.
You help to design data solutions that enable clients to see the whole picture and provide insightful and accurate analysis that helps to build successful businesses.
You have a passion for learning teamed with good business sense and time management and can manage your clients’ expectations effectively. You have earned a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant Analytics field and have one to two years of academic experience in your field.
About the job
In Data Engineering, you’ll use modern data engineering techniques and advanced analytics methods to give your clients the information they need. You collect, aggregate, store and reconcile data from various sources, helping to design and build data pipelines, streams, reporting tools, data generators and a whole range of tools to provide information and insight. Your work gives people the tools they need to find and use data for routine and non-routine analysis.
Day to day, you will:
- Support the planning and implementation of data design services, providing sizing and configured assistance and performing needs assessments, as well as delivering data warehouse and storage architectures
- Provide leadership and vision for designing and implementing data analytics and modelling strategies, you identify new analytics tools and techniques and build environments that generate and study information that supports creative, solutions based on the data, and using advanced statistical, data mining and machine-learning techniques.
- Deliver data using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SRSS), Microsoft Excel, PowerPivot and Microsoft SharePoint Performance Point
- Customize data storage and extraction, data mining, database architecture, metadata and repository creation
- Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes
- Travel as required – at times could be 80% of the work week.
You really know your way around database technology and data reporting tools. And you also understand the point of it all—to produce confirmed insights to drive business decisions.
You have an analytical mind on top of good technical skills.
Yours skills and experience include:
- Knowledge of database storage, collection and aggregation models, techniques and technologies and the ability to apply such methods to address business problems
- Knowledge of structured problem-solving assignments
- Excellent project management and people management
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint, PowerPivot, SRSS, Excel (with embedded Pivot Tables and macros)
- Some SQL experiences.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.