Enterprise Software Architect - CoE
Area of expertise:
As a part of the Global Azure Center of Excellence, you will leverage a client-centric approach to translate our client’s business strategy into solutions and services that lead to successful business outcomes.
As an Enterprise Software Architect, you will have you will have three major focus areas:
- Working with our market-facing teams and clients to create software architecture blueprints and implementation roadmaps on our most strategic opportunities
- Work with our delivery teams on those complex deliveries, which will be ongoing architecture design, leading teams of architects, interfacing with business teams, and writing reference implementations for the most complex parts of large scale, distributed systems
- Help to shape the strategic direction around software architecture at Avanade, creating opinions and engaging with the community both inside the company and the industry at large
You demonstrate innovation and ambition to achieve success for our clients and establish Avanade as a Leader in Enterprise Software Architecture and as a #1 Employer of Choice.
Day-to-Day You Will:
- Work with Account Teams and Sales/Offering Leads to support differentiated client value and secure wins with our most strategic clients
- Engage in larger scale, high complexity delivery engagements and ensure successful delivery
- Engage in delivery solutioning of leading-edge software architectures
- Partner with Offering Leads and CoE peers and contribute to evolve Avanade's point of view on Software Architecture to establish thought leadership and eminence in the marketplace
- Build relationships with Accenture and Microsoft teams in relevant areas
- Establish and maintain relationships with technical leaders and influencers at key clients
- Contribute to solution planning and design efforts across teams and workstreams to shape client’s solution vision and deliver value
- Identify, validate, and grow opportunities in strategic accounts by driving solutions aligned to Avanade’s offerings, in partnership with the Avanade business development team
- Work with market facing teams to develop new offerings, accelerators, reference architectures and implementations
- Participate in the project delivery, including as a senior developer on client engagements as part of a team
Your Technical and Non-Technical Skills Include:
- Deep understanding of and experience with cloud-native software architecture, such as microservices, evolutionary architecture, event driven architecture, pub/sub and message driven systems, service-oriented architecture, data integration, API first approaches, and DevOps
- Experience rationalizing and applying those patterns in an Enterprise setting
- General technical understanding of cloud platforms and supporting technologies, with Microsoft Azure being particularly desirable
- Possess solution design and delivery experience, ideally with strong consulting background
- Ability to shape technical engagements including architectural design sessions and proof of concepts (PoC) through to full multi-year cloud transformation programs, especially when migrating from on-premises to Azure cloud
- Experience in client-facing roles and leading deep technical architecture discussions with all client stakeholders, from Engineering to to senior-level Client Executives
- Client-oriented attitude with the desire and ability to learn client business domains and partner with them to solve problems and drive innovation
- Ability to use existing knowledge and experience to quickly assess and understand new technologies and platform services
- Microsoft and Azure Developer and/or Architect certifications or other architecture certifications such as TOGAF are highly desirable
- You must be able to write and review code using the appropriate design patterns and be able to mentor other developers in the same
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, etc. or equivalent work experience required
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.