Director, Regional Finance
Area of expertise:
As a Director, Finance Operations, you are the strategic leader of people, programs, and projects that ensures the alignment of operational objectives with overall business and functional strategy for teams focused on the consolidation and reporting of financial results within a defined geographic segment. You will provide strategical leadership to your team members. Overall, you will define and drive portfolios of integrated/related processes, programs, and projects.
Scope of work:
Nature of work:
Directs collective work efforts to accomplish strategic goals for given portfolio of projects, programs, and/or clients
Translates high¬ level strategy into more localized strategy and operational objectives.
Highly complex problems, often requiring analysis of near-intangible factors, creative solutioning and significant networking to succeed.
Authority to establish standards and shift overall direction of projects and programs in response to functional strategy
Work efforts are typically strategic in nature, and may have a lasting, long-term impact on Avanade and/or client operations and strategic direction. If client-facing, should drive client-relationship and sales outcomes.
Operates with extreme latitude in determining focus and approach to work objectives.
Mentors and manages work efforts of more junior colleagues and team members as required by various workstreams; may formally supervise work of project teams. If managing team(s) of more junior employees full-time, then refer to the People & Business Leadership leveling criteria. Often serves as Career Advisor.
Applies expert knowledge of a learned occupation/ discipline and demonstrable, broad knowledge of business operations and organizational strategy.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Define, implement and manage monthly business review process and forecast reporting, including data aggregation and integration across all engagements for country/region/area financial reports and projections
- Drive integration, consistency, and operational excellence across the finance function, including partnership and alignment with other finance teams and overall business strategy
- Set and manage budgets and activity/billing rates in alignment with local business plan and organizational goals
- Lead management accounting function to create forecasts and ensure informed decision-making across the business
- Own responsibility for financial performance management and monitoring
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
Your technical and non-technical skills may include:
- You will likely have 8+ years of prior work experience
- Experience with revenue recognition in technology and consulting environment
- Experience with Cogno TM1, SQL,, and other similar tools
- Ability to and experience with handling and analyzing budgets
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, such as Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint
- Ability to mentor, lead, and coach team in the resolution of large/complex issues
- Ability to meet deadlines-A strong work ethic
- Ability to strive in a fast-pace environment
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Superior decision making judgment
- You are likely to possess a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Finance, business, or relevant field
Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.