Director, Data Strategy - South Region
Area of expertise:
- Operating with senior client executives (C-levels, VPs, Directors), you will assist our clients in successfully defining their strategies across Data, Analytics, and Artificial Intelligence, Data Monetization, as well as developing data driven Transformation Initiatives, Investments and Operating Models to support their business objectives.
- You will lead teams of 2-20 consultants, data scientists, and engineers to aid your clients in identifying how they will leverage data and intelligent automation.
- You will be responsible for developing business within your region, partnering with our account teams and our solution areas to create and sell solutions which provide our clients real human impact.
- You will be responsible for developing the team of Insight & Analytics consultants in your region, ensuring they deliver high quality work for our clients while growing in their careers and preparing for the next level of responsibility.
- Lead and support the delivery of a broad range of Data, Analytics, RPA and AI related Strategy / Advisory engagements
- Understand, and employ Data Monetization methodologies and frameworks
- Grow the sales of Advisory services through consultative selling
- Develop strategic relationships within your clients and our account teams
- Identify and bring to bear approaches, appropriate tools, and methodologies
- Possess deep understanding of trends and strategies for identifying and using appropriate approaches and solutions to meet client business, financial and technical objectives
- Conduct detailed analyses to understand and explain client problems and utilize standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interviewing, gap analysis, etc.
- Be a thought leader in data science, analytics, data monetization, and intelligent automation
- Lead the design and delivery of Data/ Business Intelligence/ AI and automation solutions advisory engagements involving strategy, roadmap, and longer-term COE models (Operating models)
- Lead the design and use of detailed financial models to enable the articulation of ROI, TCO, and value realization.
- Conduct quick value discovery engagements in Data & AI to identify applicable industry use-cases, help clients understand the effort, potential benefits, and develop an opportunity prioritization matrix
- Lead strategy engagements to create clear and strategic roadmaps and supporting business cases that both delineate a broader end-game, while also prioritizing quick wins with near-term measurable impact
- Develop the intellectual capital of the practice by publication of domain-relevant points of view and white papers and enthusiastically contribute towards industry specific offerings
- Lead the creation of client proposals for consulting and/or transformation engagements focused on Data/Analytics/ AI and automation
- Support the practice with depth of experience and expertise in the following domains: automation, machine learning, deep learning, advanced analytics, data science, data aggregation & visualization
- 10+ years of Management Consulting experience from a top management or professional services firm
- Demonstrated experience interfacing and maintaining relationships with executive level clients
- Experience and success in consultative sales
- Travel as necessary to client sites
- Previous experience working on multiple Advisory / Strategy engagements in a highly matrixed external client facing environment, with Talent, Project, & Budget Management responsibilities
- Superb communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions
- Autonomous, positive thinker, and aptitude to work independently or part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience discussing a wide range of strategic imperatives across functional, operational, and technological issues
- Practical Business Architecture experience (business / operation models, personas, process modelling)
- Comprehension of the Data/ Analytics strategy and COE definition; AND/OR;
- Understanding of the Artificial Intelligence space, and the ethical themes for AI such as usage and effectiveness, fairness, transparency, or privacy
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, MBA preferred
- Industry experience highly desirable (Financial Services/ Healthcare/ Life Sciences/ Manufacturing/ Retail)
- Best of Breed Working methodologies (Agile, DevOps)
- Data, Analytics and AI Strategy, Maturity assessment & Roadmap (using Microsoft technologies)
- RPA/ Automation Strategy & Roadmap
- COE Setup and Operationalization Plan (Analytics, RPA, AI)
- Process Re-Engineering, Transformation and Adoption
- Sound knowledge in Strategy development involving areas such as Data Architecture, Data Hubbing / Integration, Data Modeling, Data Governance & Management, Data Quality, Data Security, Reporting & Analytics, BI Governance, BI Self-Service
- Natural Language Processing, Image Recognition, Voice Recognition, Robotics, Automation, Knowledge Graphs & Semantic Search, Genetic / Evolutionary Algorithms, Chatbots & Intelligent Virtual Agents, Recommender Systems, Fuzzy Logics
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.