Director, Application Architect
Area of expertise:
As a Director, Application Architect, you will translate client needs and challenges into
solutions, support envisioning, architectural assessments, technology choice, and estimates.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Day-to-day you will:
* Design cloud-based solutions
* Design cloud architecture and complete plans and specifications to develop solutions
* Collaborate with product managers and engineers to develop specifications for new cloud-based products/services, applications and solutions
* Drive the roll-out of cloud management platforms, evaluate its performance and implements enhancements
* Design and develop IT architecture (integrated process, applications, data and technology) solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards
* Develop specifications for new products/services, applications and service offerings
* Assess the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies
* Provide the work’s technical scope, defining and driving the best solution to meet the technical performance, scalability, flexibility, operations and capability needs of your client
* Oversee and manage a cross-functional development team that designs, develops, and enhances software assets that meet or exceed internal and external (client) expectations, in line with product functionality, cost and delivery schedules
* Coach, mentor, and motivate team members to influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
* Apply knowledge to create an environment that fosters accountability, quality, commitment, growth and innovation and support the sales process as needed
* Recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards
* Own product line engineering responsibility within a business unit: Own, manage, and communicate engineering metrics; has responsibilities across geographies; manages the cost of engineering across portfolios and capabilities; articulate the quality of the software and what quality improvement measures are in place; measure of responsibility for client satisfaction of the products, and responsible for cost of implementation
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
* Develop and enrich the product portfolio of value-added services
* Perform technical planning, architecture development and modification of specifications
* Advanced skills in developing client-based and/or web-based software solutions
* Experience with specific technologies as specified by hiring manager
* Up-to-date knowledge of Microsoft products
* Ability to gain an understanding of customer process and issues, and communicate them back
* Ability to work in teams and individually when needed
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Experience working with global teams on projects
* Experience working with offshore teams to facilitate project work
* Demonstrated excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
* Advanced skills and experience in application lifecycle management, agile development methods and software planning
* Effective at recruiting talented people, managing and influencing virtual teams, and developing leaders
* Strategic thinker about business issues across product areas and industries
* Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive them to completion effectively
* Monitor, mentor, and lead teams to overcome roadblocks and challenges and implement coordination
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
* 7+ years of experience working with global teams
* You likely have 7+ years of increasingly diverse or complex experience in a software/product development capacity
Preferred Education Background:
You likely possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.