Director, Advisory - Retail & Consumer
Area of expertise:
Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we.
There’s one in every group—the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mould and who gets inspired by the power of digital to transform organizations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what’s next.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there’s no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being bold, imaginative – and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, inspire, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Avanade, Accenture, Microsoft and the Cent for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organizations around the world. Ultimately, we’re not just making business better. We’re making life better for our clients and their customers.
If that sounds like you, you sound good to us. Find your next opportunity at Avanade Advisory.
About your future role
By picking to work with us you will be joining one of the leading business technology advisory practices, recognized for providing insightful enabled solutions to complex business problems, deep industry expertise and for the quality and impact of our work. You will work in a fast-paced environment that is innovative, collaborative and supportive of your personal and professional development. Our track record of commercial success and our growth ambition will provide you with a fantastic platform for your career.
Your role will focus on growing a line of business through go to market strategy development, business planning, sales generation and delivery leadership.
As the Retail & Consumer Industry Lead you will:
· Lead the definition and implementation of a go to market strategy and business plan, with the aim of achieving agreed performance targets
· Own and drive conversion of the pipeline of prospects in partnership with client account leads, industry specialists, transformation practitioners, other Advisory Leads and Executives.
· You will lead by example through active engagement with clients and conversion of lighthouse projects
· Collaborate with, and educate, account and sales teams to drive Precision Play and industry centric propositions to target clients through all stages of the sales process
· Plan to increase industry specialism in Retail, extend our capabilities, improve campaign alignment and grow pipeline and sales
· Adapt and augment the services, assets, methods and tools so they have positive impact in the local French market
· Contribute to the growth of the Advisory business with the France Regional Advisory Lead
· Manage budget against assigned Region metrics; provide forecasting and sales pipeline analysis to support processes
You are an experienced business technology transformation leader, with a track record of growing a line of business through go to market strategy development, business planning, sales generation and delivery leadership. You also have a track record of developing and growing long term, high value client relationships, with strong influencing and negotiation capabilities. Internally, you enjoy advising leadership teams in the development, production, and promotion of client centric solutions and offerings.
Fluency in both French and English languages is desirable but as a minimum business level capability is needed. In addition, your professional skillset likely includes:
· A track record of building a business technology transformation or digital transformation business through a combination of new client wins and expansion of existing engagements using indirect/ direct channels.
· A track record of delivering complex business technology solutions for client organizations that have contributed directly to, or enabled, improved customer/ employee experience, profitability, responsiveness, reputational enhancement and top talent retention
· Experience of building, developing and retaining talented teams containing a mix of advisory and engineering skills
· Ability to effectively team with peers in a large, matrixed organization, including experience with onshore, near-shore and off-shore delivery teams
· Strong consulting / project-based background, including assessing and managing the opportunity and risk associated with large scale, complex projects
· Knowledge of Microsoft platforms, applications and services could be an asset
· Extensive business technology leadership experience, including solution sales creation, delivery and business management
· Extensive people and/or business leadership experience, ideally within a consultancy or systems integrator
You will have a bachelor’s degree in a business or technology-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. An advanced degree or MBA is strongly preferred.
Additional desirable experiences include
· Developed and cultivated C-Level client relationships in technology and business domains
· Shaped, sold and led a portfolio of client engagements focused on three or more of the following topics: Digital/ Workplace Strategy and Transformation; IT Strategy and Transformation or Technology Platform, Applications and Services Modernization; Multi-Speed IT Operating Model; Enterprise Architecture; Workplace Security; Customer and/ or Employee Experience Transformation; Business Strategy and Model design and implementation (including omnichanel); Operational implementation(e.g. new product development, ); Organizational Change Management; Cost Reduction, Culture and People Strategy
· Contributed to the design, assembly, pricing and delivery of managed IT and business services deals
· Deep industry knowledge of Retail & Consumer markets
Avanade – transforming businesses for the digital era. Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help fuel transformation and growth for our clients and their customers. Avanade has 39,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Through thousands of projects, they’ve transformed businesses for the digital world and helped create compelling experiences for their customers and employees. They have reduced costs, increased productivity, enabled collaboration and enhanced agility – and ultimately improved performance. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.
Avanade Heritage - The early 2000s were an exciting time for IT. Digital technology was transforming our lives, and with each innovation it became clear that digital was the future. Avanade was born into this pioneering time. Created in April 2000 by two industry giants – Accenture and Microsoft – Avanade had one goal: deliver innovative services and solutions to enterprises worldwide using the Microsoft platform.
What Avanade Believes In - Avanade’s values are shorthand for who they are and what they stand for, and they influence the behaviours and decisions their people make each day. Avanade people are guided in everything they do by five core values:
- Change things for the better
- Innovate with passion and purpose
- Deliver with excellence
- Believe everyone counts
- Act with integrity and respect.
The Power of 3 Accenture’s long-standing heritage in technology consulting and outsourcing makes it an exceptional partner in transformation. Microsoft’s immense range of technologies provides reliable power for the enterprise, as well as the flexibility to innovate quickly. Avanade brings the best of both worlds together – in-depth knowledge of the Microsoft platform along with a penchant for innovation and a commitment to delivering value and realizing results. Together, these three companies have the right tools and the right perspective to make the most of the digital revolution.
Learn more at www.avanade.com
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.