Digital Innovation Consultant
Area of expertise:
Do you wake up every day inspired to innovate? So do we.
Innovation is creating more opportunities for businesses to connect with their customers, deliver new products /services and reduce cost and achieve growth. That's what we'd love you to do for us. With your vision and ability to steer clients toward new ways of thinking, we can open up fantastic career opportunities for you too.
You’re a trend watcher, creative thinker and an inspiring storyteller. Although your ideas tend to be a couple steps ahead of others, you enjoy influencing to bring others along the journey with you. You think creatively and critically, translating strategies into solutions no matter how complex the organization. You’re excited by the possibilities of innovation. You quickly spot opportunities on the horizon that others might miss, know how to persuasively guide your clients, win their trust and move their business forward.
About the job
As a Digital Innovation Consultant, you’ll be encouraging and inspiring our clients to catapult ideas from concept to commercialisation. Your work will have a real impact on achieving business objectives, whilst taking into account growth strategy, guiding principles and current realities. You will have access to emerging technologies and global networks to learn from and leverage for your solutions.
In this role, you'll spend your time:
- Advising clients on the challenges and opportunities offered by innovation.
- Facilitate internal innovation events, including innovation contests and workshops.
- Managing client engagements focused on turning strategy into operational objectives and building understanding of these goals.
- Facilitating discussions about complex business, operational and technology challenges.
- Facilitating human centred design workshops with clients and running experimentation, leading ideation, incubation and industrialization of ideas to solutions.
- Conducting research and insights gathering developing innovation points of view and sharing case studies.
- Developing rigour in innovation metrics, including benefits realisation to measure innovation outcomes.
- Conducting project and business planning and delivery.
- Leading processes and teams through large-scale strategically important innovation programs, including budget management.
- Contribute to Avanade’s sustained growth by proactively contributing to business development opportunities and pursuits.
- Uplift Avanade’s innovation capability by contributions to thought leadership, asset development and communities of practice.
- Travel, as needed
You are an experienced innovation professional, and great communicator with desire to change business outcomes through innovation using technology.
You likely possess a bachelor’s degree in Business or technology-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. An advanced degree particularly technical (IT, engineering, or related) or MBA is strongly preferred. You will have experience in innovation plus at least 6+ years of experience in shaping and delivering innovation projects, product management, design, architecture and/or business operating models.
Your experience will include:
- Influencing client leadership and transforming businesses from the top down.
- Building teams where everyone counts and is supported to innovate and change things for the better.
- Facilitating human centred design approaches to bring human experiences, process and technology together.
- You have a good understanding of technology yet ensure customer and business needs are at the core of every innovation.
- A knack for explaining complex technologies, frameworks and concepts in a non-technical language
What it’s like to work with us
At Avanade, we are motivated by a clear purpose: to make a human impact. Our team is expanding and there is plenty of opportunity to grow your career. You will be supported by our seasoned leadership team who will encourage you, challenge you and advocate for you.
Often working in compact teams, individuals can have a significant impact on our client relationships, market offerings, and your fellow team members.
Avanade knows that a well-balanced employee is a happy employee, so we offer some unique perks to make your life easier. Our people receive an additional week of paid leave (for when you need to get on top of your life admin!) as well as gadget and wellness allowances.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.