DevOps & Software Engineering Advisory, Manager/Senior Manager
Area of expertise:
Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we.
There’s one in every group—the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mould and who gets inspired by the power of digital to transform organisations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what’s next.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there’s no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being bold, imaginative – and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, inspire, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organisations around the world. Ultimately, we’re not just making business better. We’re making life better for our clients and their customers.
If that sounds like you, you sound good to us. Find your next opportunity at Avanade Advisory.
About the role
Avanade is seeking a Manager/Group Manager to expand its IT Strategy Advisory capabilities. You will manage engagements advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes. You must possess exception analytical, interpersonal and creative thinking capabilities. You will need to be ambitious, enterprising and personable, possessing outstanding leadership qualities, that allows you to assume a critical role in the Advisory Practice with an ability to scale over time.
In this role, you will:
Assist our clients in successfully defining their Cloud and technology strategies, value case to invest and operating models to support their priorities. You will also have the chance to:
- Work with a group of Business Developers within one of our Operating Groups (Communications Media and Technology; Financial Services; Health and Public Services; Resources; Products) on developing new Advisory opportunities.
- Build an understanding of client and competitor business models, leading with consultative selling that generates an Advisory sales and delivery pipeline.
- Advise clients on customer-related digital challenges and opportunities.
- Help leadership and other project partners make informed decisions and navigate complex challenges.
- Drive solution creation for specific opportunities that may include parts from multiple propositions.
- Be the overall client liaison as part of the project teams on large-scale, complex and important projects.
You've got demonstrable skills in growing client intimacy directly and with business development teams to become a trusted advisor to a client. You will have experience in sales; pre-sales or consulting within a particular market sector. You probably have a good understanding of the Microsoft eco-system.
You have at least six years of experience in high performing engineering teams/organisations and understand the architectures, tooling and operating models which support them. With at least four years as a manager/leader in that environment you use your strong business and technical acumen to inspire and manage cross-functional teams, budgets and business targets.
Ideally, your experience includes:
- Creating and/or leading high performing engineering teams.
- Operating across business and technology domains to drive exceptional outcomes.
- Adopting and adapting agile development and delivery practices to fit different problem domains.
- Strong experience of driving DevOps (CI/CD) principles and tools into Operating Models.
- Selling as part of a team – either as the lead, account manager, business development, pre-sales or consulting.
- Co-creating account and go to market plans.
- Running all parts of a project from managing budgets to leading teams.
- Explaining complex technologies and concepts in a non-technical language.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.