Area of expertise:
As DevOps Engineer, you are an accomplished software engineer with a broad skillset including cloud infrastructure and OS knowledge as well as an understanding of software delivery and object-oriented programming methods. You are self-driven, deeply enthusiastic about technology, and can get the job done correctly in high-pressure and dynamic circumstances. You are adaptable and can quickly learn technologies and business domains that live outside your core skill set. You will also be able to demonstrate and describe achievements that applied DevOps on previous projects.
Please note candidates must have Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency.
Day to day responsibility
- Be part of a very collaborative team of highly skilled consultants who all share the passion for Microsoft technology and development.
- You will have access to all the newest technologies and services within the Microsoft stack.
- Be part of the development team onshore sometimes working with offshore delivery centres
- Tenaciously champion core DevOps behaviours like collaboration, communication, and ownership
- Work with development, quality assurance, and infrastructure team members to build an effective continuous integration / continuous delivery pipeline
- Share best practices for build and deployment across several technologies (Azure DevOps, GitHub Enterprise)
- Drive the team’s triaging capability by taking on challenging problems not understood by front-line support teams
- Relentless automation of every aspect of development, build & deployment process
- Collaborate and communicate with customers and colleagues in the projects to ensure the delivery of quality solutions.
- Build and maintain your relationships within Avanade’s Software Engineering community.
- You will work with some of the absolute best Microsoft consultants in the industry both in Australia and in our global community.
Technical and Non-Technical skills in some of the below areas
- Experience in Microsoft clouds and platforms
- Experience in configuring/administering CI/CD for Azure DevOps or equivalent tool
- Experience/strong knowledge in authoring custom pipeline tasks, Infrastructure as Code using Azure ARM Templates, Terraform, Ansible
- Experience in Code quality and security tools such as SonarQube//Fortify
- Experience on collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence or similar
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages (e.g. C#, Java, etc.)
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.