Area of expertise:
As DevOps Engineer, you are an accomplished software engineer with a broad skillset including cloud infrastructure and OS knowledge as well as an understanding of software delivery and object-oriented programming methods. You are self-driven, deeply enthusiastic about technology, and can get the job done correctly in high-pressure and dynamic circumstances. You are adaptable and can quickly learn technologies and business domains that live outside your core skill set. You will also be able to demonstrate and describe achievements that applied DevOps on previous projects.
Please note candidates must have Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency.
Day to day responsibility
- Be part of a very collaborative team of highly skilled consultants who all share the passion for Microsoft technology and development.
- You will have access to all the newest technologies and services within the Microsoft stack.
- Be part of the development team onshore sometimes working with offshore delivery centres
- Tenaciously champion core DevOps behaviours like collaboration, communication, and ownership
- Work with development, quality assurance, and infrastructure team members to build an effective continuous integration / continuous delivery pipeline
- Share best practices for build and deployment across several technologies (Azure DevOps, GitHub Enterprise)
- Drive the team’s triaging capability by taking on challenging problems not understood by front-line support teams
- Relentless automation of every aspect of development, build & deployment process
- Collaborate and communicate with customers and colleagues in the projects to ensure the delivery of quality solutions.
- Build and maintain your relationships within Avanade’s Software Engineering community.
- You will work with some of the absolute best Microsoft consultants in the industry both in Australia and in our global community.
Technical and Non-Technical Skills in some of the below areas
- Experience in Microsoft clouds and platforms
- Experience in configuring/administering CI/CD for Azure DevOps or GitHub Enterprise
- Proficient with git and enterprise branching strategies
- Experience with enterprise-level software delivery and release management practices
- Experience with micro-services or cloud-based architectures for web or mobile applications
- Experience with securing DevOps and applications with Azure KeyVault, Azure Active Directory
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages (e.g. C#, Java, etc.)
- Experience in containerization with Azure Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, etc.
- Experience in Authoring custom pipeline tasks for Azure Pipelines or GitHub Actions, Infrastructure as Code such as Azure ARM Templates, Terraform, Ansible
- Experience in Code quality and security tools such as SonarQube, Checkmarx, Fortify
- Experience/Strong Knowledge with artifact repositories, such as Artifactory, Nexus, and Monitoring tools such as Azure Monitor, Application Insights, Splunk
- Experience on collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working in DevOps and Agile environments with hands-on DevOps tooling.
- Certification in Microsoft AZ-400/Microsoft DevOps Engineer highly desirable.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.