Area of expertise:
At Avanade, business and technology consulting isn't just your career....it's your passion. And that means more than just working with innovations. It means using technology to solve business problems in ways that make a real difference to you, your customers, and the world.
At Avanade, we:
· Are passionate about pushing the limits of Microsoft technologies to help our customers achieve their goals
· Thrive on open dialogue and debate. We share best practices and solve problems through teamwork.
· Are committed to growth - as an organization and for each individual.
About the role
As DevOps Engineer, you are an accomplished software engineer with a broad skillset including cloud infrastructure and OS knowledge as well as an understanding of software delivery and object-oriented programming methods. You are self-driven, deeply enthusiastic about technology, and are capable of getting the job done correctly in high-pressure and dynamic circumstances. You are adaptable and can quickly learn technologies and business domains that live outside your core skill set. You will also be able to demonstrate and describe achievements that applied DevOps on previous projects.
· Coordinate with project managers, business analysts, developers, operations teams to understand platform requirements and evangelize ways to drive quality and value to the client stakeholders
· Tenaciously champion core DevOps behaviors like collaboration, communication, and ownership
· Work with development, quality assurance, and infrastructure team members to build an effective continuous integration / continuous delivery pipeline
· Share best practices for build and deployment across several technologies (Azure DevOps, GitHub Enterprise)
· Drive the team’s triaging capability by taking on challenging problems not understood by front-line support teams
· Relentless automation of every aspect of development, build & deployment process
· Manage a backlog of tasks centered on continuous improvement of the system
· Proficient with git and enterprise branching strategies
· Experience with enterprise-level software delivery and release management practices
· Experience in configuring/administering CI/CD for Azure DevOps or GitHub Enterprise
· Experience with micro-services or cloud-based architectures for web or mobile applications
· Experience with securing DevOps and applications with Azure KeyVault, Azure Active Directory
· Experience in Microsoft clouds and platforms
· Proficiency in one or more programming languages (e.g. C#, Java, etc.)
· Containerization with Azure Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, etc.
· Authoring custom pipeline tasks for Azure Pipelines or GitHub Actions
· Infrastructure as Code such as Azure ARM Templates, Terraform, Ansible, Bicep
· Code quality and security tools such as SonarQube, Checkmarx, Fortify, VeraCode
· Azure Monitor, Application Insights, New Relic or DynaTrace
· Elastic search, Prometheus, Grafana
Years of Experience: minimum 3-5 years of experience working in DevOps and Agile environments with hands-on DevOps tooling, minimum 3-10 years of experience overall
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree. Technology related degrees or Master's a plus
Preferred Certification: Microsoft AZ-400/Microsoft DevOps Engineer Expert; Industry-recognized Agile Certifications. Scrum.org and Scaled Agile Framework(SAFe) preferred.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.