Area of expertise:
Welcome to the Avanade Digital Innovation Studio, where the best in creative and technology mix it up to push the boundaries of innovation. We're a fast-moving, big-idea-dreaming, mishmash of developers, designers, UX architects, technologists, delivery experts, and more, who, when brought together, create transformative digital experiences for some of the biggest and the best brands in the world. Sound like a place you wouldn't mind hanging your hat? Great, keep reading.
About the role
As a client-facing DevOps Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to learn our clients’ business, their organization, systems, challenges and goals. You’ll partner directly with client(s) to define and clarify requirements, then work with your team to create accurate project and task estimates to deliver exceptional client results.
Day-to-day, You Will:
- Design and implement Software Defined Infrastructure using cloud standards and methodologies.
- Engineer solutions using Microsoft Azure services.
- Work with state of the art tools such as Azure DevOps, PowerShell and Docker.
- Design and implement solutions with cloud security standards in mind.
- Develop and implement instrumentation for monitoring the health and availability of services including fault detection, alerting, triage, and recovery.
- Work in conjunction with IT, engineering, and business groups to understand functionality, scalability, performance, security, and integration requirements.
- Experiment with new cloud technologies to define their use cases/suitability.
You are looking for an opportunity to be part of digital transformation, and to be surrounded by people who are passionate about building modern and beautiful experiences for clients. You also understand what it takes to “make it work” to ensure it is scalable, secure, and well-engineered. You’re passionate about designing and building sophisticated cloud-based automation solutions. You likely have experience as a consultant, working with external clients on a regular basis.
Your technical and business skillset likely includes:
- Experienced with Azure.
- Openness to learning new and emerging DevOps and cloud technologies.
- Knowledge of key DevOps concepts – continuous integration and delivery
- Understanding of Cloud concepts – IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- Knowledge of script languages and IaC
- Practical hands-on experience using key services like Azure DevOps
- Experience designing configuration management systems
- Proficient ability to communicate complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work in a collaborative and independent environment.
- You're open for business trips.
Nice to Have:
- Deployment of mobile apps
- Experience in Windows and Linux administration
- General networking skills
- Tools e.g. Jenkins, Team City, Git, Ansible and Docker
- Experience with HA, resilient and reliable applications in global scale
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.