Area of expertise:
Avanade is the world’s leading digital innovator and believe in making genuine human impact in everything we do. This is through the power of our people and cutting-edge Microsoft Technology.
By joining Avanade’s software engineering practice, you will have fantastic opportunity to operate at the forefront of technology, with access to best clients across the world, on challenging and exciting projects.
We are a diverse team, and we are proud of our culture that welcomes every individual. In our teams you will find talented and passionate technologists, with a humble, collaborative, and positive attitude.
If you are the type of person who thrives of constantly learning and challenging yourself with a genuine desire to do your best, then you could be successful here. We promise to invest in you and help give you the platform for continuous learning and development.
As part of the DevOps Role Family you will be enabling faster and predicable software releases through organization change, lean process, and tools. You will be leveraging CI/CD pipelines, working with infrastructure as Code and building self-healing infrastructure. This team is leading the way in Omni Cloud, heterogenous and Open-source environments.
As a client-facing DevOps Engineer, you will have the opportunity to learn our clients’ business, their organization, systems, challenges, and goals. You will partner directly with client(s) to define and clarify requirements, then work with your team to create accurate project and task estimates to deliver exceptional client results.
You can expect to work in a passionate team, who will support you, with strong collaborative relationships. There is a strong culture of learning from each other, and continuing to push the boundaries in your own learning. This team will help you develop your career, and you will have great opportunities to work with cutting edge technology, as well as having access to extensive training, and abilities to take further certifications.
- Champion core DevOps behaviours like communication and collective ownership by collaborating with different individuals and teams.
- Build CI/CD Pipelines as Code using Azure Pipelines and YAML definitions, targeting heterogeneous cloud environments.
- Develop and integrate automations for every aspect of Infrastructure as Code using Azure Resource Manager and/or Terraform.
- Build, deploy and operate containerized workloads in cloud environments.
- Ensure security and governance are considered a priority by applying security practices as part of the SDLC and developing and enforcing Azure Policies across our clients’ tenants.
- Exceptional customer facing support and fault resolution skills.
- Experience provisioning and operating infrastructure in Azure
- Experience with Azure DevOps and Azure Pipelines
- Experience setting up CI/CD pipelines enabling zero downtime deployments
- Competent with Git and comfortable managing large git repositories Experience migrating between DevOps platforms
- Experience working in an Agile Environment
- A passion for technology & a thirst for knowledge, with an openness to learning new and emerging DevOps and cloud technologies
- Knowledge of key DevOps concepts – continuous integration and delivery
- Experience running containerised workloads with Docker and Kubernetes
- Good understanding of Infrastructure as Code using –ARM, Terraform
- Ability to Script with Powershell and BashKnowledge of Azure Policy and Azure Governance
- Experience with Code quality and security tools such as SonarQube, Checkmarx, Fortify, VeraCode
- Experience with any automation tooling (Azure Pipelines, GitHub Actions, GitLab, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, DSC)
- Proficient with modern engineering practices and enterprise-level delivery
- Azure Data Factory
- SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server)
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.