DevOps Architect and Coach
Area of expertise:
As a DevOps Architect and Coach, you are a leader who can articulate concepts and educate teams and clients to coach them on the journey through DevOps transformation. You are an accomplished software or infrastructure engineer with a penchant for the modern automated delivery of software and infrastructure. You have a broad skillset including modern application architecture, cloud architecture, and a blend of software and infrastructure experiences. You are self-driven, deeply enthusiastic about technology, and are capable of getting the job done correctly in high pressure and dynamic circumstances. You are adaptable and can quickly learn technologies and business domains that live outside your core skill set. You will also be able to demonstrate and describe achievements that applied DevOps on previous projects.
Years of Experience: minimum 5 years of experience working in DevOps and Agile environments with hands-on DevOps tooling, minimum 7 years of experience overall in either of the domains of Software or Infrastructure.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree. Technology related degrees or Master's a plus
Preferred Certification: Microsoft AZ-400/Microsoft DevOps Engineer Expert; Industry recognized Agile Certifications. Scrum.org and Scaled Agile Framework(SAFe) are preferred.
· Tenaciously champion core DevOps behaviors like collaboration, communication, and ownership
· Champion the establishment and continued use of DevOps best practices
· Advocate and guide the overall DevOps transformation program
· Provide training and coaching as needed to teams adopting DevOps
· Develop communities of practice centered on DevOps delivery
· Conduct DevOps team calibrations and help teams develop practice improvement plans
· Support release planning preparation and event facilitation
· Develop and implement DevOps oriented security approaches (i.e. DevSecOps)
· Design and implement effective change management & communications, and governance processes
· Coordinate with project managers, business analysts, developers, operations teams to understand platform requirements and evangelize ways to drive quality and value to the client stakeholders
· Build high performing teams across development, quality assurance, and infrastructure teams to build an effective continuous integration / continuous delivery pipeline
· Share best practices for build and deployment across a number of technologies (Azure DevOps, GitHub Enterprise)
· Drive the team’s triaging capability by taking on challenging problems not understood by front-line support teams
· Relentless automation of every aspect of development, build & deployment process
· Manage a backlog of tasks centered on continuous improvement of the system
· Experience in cloud services (Microsoft Azure preferred)
· Experience with enterprise-level software delivery and release management practices
· Experience in configuring/administering CI/CD for Azure DevOps, GitHub Enterprise or similar
· Experience with blue/green, canary and other modern delivery patterns and approaches
· Experience with micro-services or cloud-based architectures for enterprise solutions
· Experience with securing DevOps and applications (Azure KeyVault & Azure Active Directory preferred)
· Proficient with git and enterprise branching strategies
· Experience in Microsoft platforms
· Proficiency in one or more programming languages (e.g. C#, Java, etc.)
· Authoring custom pipeline tasks for Azure Pipelines or GitHub Actions
· Infrastructure as Code such as Azure ARM Templates, Terraform, Ansible, Bicep
· Containerization with Azure Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, etc.
· Code quality and security tools such as SonarQube, Checkmarx, Fortify, VeraCode
· Azure Monitor, Application Insights, New Relic or DynaTrace
· Elastic search, Prometheus, Grafana
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.