Delivery Program Manager - Global Solution Areas (GSA) - Toronto
Area of expertise:
As a Program Delivery Manager, you are responsible for the overall performance and growth of your assigned program/portfolio. You will be responsible for overseeing and developing delivery strategy to achieve delivery and financial performance measures. You will work closely with a global team of capability/offering, sales and technology leads to define and implement delivery strategy, operations, and team initiatives.
You will be working directly with a client (globally) to drive portfolio delivery results in close partnership with the sales organization to drive Avanade’s offerings to target clients, supporting long-term health of the account portfolio. Overall, you must also partner with various Talent Community leads to focus on resource and skill needs, both present and future, to ensure the organization is ready for and adapting to market changes.
Collaboratively sets strategic objectives with other leaders and other managers as they deliver against strategic plans; monitors operational effectiveness and intervenes to increase likelihood of success. Translate high-level strategy into more localized strategy and operational objectives.
Solve highly complex problems, often requiring analysis of near-intangible factors, creative solutioning, and significant networking to succeed. Show the authority to establish standards and shift overall direction of projects and programs in response to functional strategy. Operate with extreme latitude in determining focus and approach to work objectives.
Within a collaborative environment, you will:
- Define strategy and execute for a global client portfolio.
- Direct Delivery of projects in the Agile/Scrum framework.
- Partner with peers in other geographies to help establish the strategy and operations plans.
- Support business development through all stages of the deal pursuit process.
- Manage budget against assigned Area/Region delivery metrics; provide analysis to support variances.
- Support decisions on investments to help grow the team’s offerings and practices.
- Manage resource escalations for portfolio projects to maintain effective delivery operations and project outcomes.
- Partner with Regional Capability Lead on portfolio workforce strategy to ensure right supply of skills and people to support portfolio needs, balancing supply vs demand timing and optimal onshore/offshore participation.
- Develop strong, effective relationships with peer Delivery Managers to develop winning strategies and engage in joint sales pursuits.
- Manage effective delivery of work to clients, ensuring adherence to standard Program Delivery methodologies to meet Avanade and client financial expectations; collaborate with Delivery Management executives to surface delivery issues and estimate EAC outcomes.
- Become a direct partner to clients, particularly at executive level, ensuring they receive required engagement value and supporting future sales pipeline through delivery success.
- Ensure strong client satisfaction and appropriate follow-up to Voice of the Client (VoC), survey results; enable and ensure lighthouse success stories.
- Support portfolio personnel activities, including hiring, staffing, skills forecasting and career development.
Your technical and non-technical skills may include:
- Experience delivering solutions for client organizations through complex solutions/projects with heavy client interaction.
- Enabling new technology adoption in the latest, coolest, cutting edge tech.
- Track record in developing and growing long term, high value client relationships consulting & delivery experience.
- Significant experience with offshore/nearshore teams and delivery.
- Experience helping grow a portfolio of business through strategy and sales contribution.
- Experience establishing delivery leadership presence in the minds of key clients through client interactions and executive presence.
- Ability to effectively team with peers in large, matrixed organizations.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, especially strong influencing and negotiation capabilities.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status. Avanade is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.