Area of expertise:
Do you always deliver what you’ve promised? So do we.
At the heart of every great technology solution is great management, always making sure that the project delivers what it set out to do and matches expectations.
You balance a strategic outlook with a practical focus on day-to-day activities and changing needs, and your business knowledge matches your excellent teamwork, planning and communication skills.
About the role
The lifecycle of an Avanade project runs all the way from planning to sales through to execution and closure, with many stops in between. As Manager of Programme and Project Management, you make sure that they are all delivered on time, on budget and at the highest quality.
You support, monitor and report on every phase, including sales, estimating, planning, mobilization and execution, right up to closure, ensuring regular communication with stakeholders and clients and monitoring financial performance.
Day to day, you will:
- Balance scope, schedule, budget, quality and risks
- Develop, implement and maintain a detailed project work plan to ensure on-time, on-budget and quality outcomes
- Develop traceable requirements
- Develop and implement change management and change enablement processes
- Cultivate strong customer relationships
- Manage Avanade and sub-contractor staff
- Engage with partners and onshore, offshore and near-shore colleagues
- Travel as needed.
You really enjoy working with minimal structure and you think and work systematically and logically, always focusing on the detail. You are at home with enterprise technology and your business acumen means you understand what’s involved in bringing a software development project to successful conclusion.
You’ve got great spoken and written communication skills, and your customer-oriented attitude means you’re comfortable presenting to clients.
Your skills and experience include:
- Basic knowledge of contract terms
- Background in customer expectations management
- Working knowledge of at least one software development methodology, and Microsoft platform technologies
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Understanding of earned value reporting
- Experience in infrastructure transformation project work
- Background in Cloud transformation
- Experience in navigating highly regulated customer environments.
You probably have a Bachelor’s degree in Business or a IT-related field, and we’d really like it if you are a certified by the Project Management Institute as a Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM). You are likely to have two to four years of experience in consulting project management.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.