Delivery Lead - Agile
Area of expertise:
Do you always deliver what you’ve promised? So do we.
At the heart of every great technology solution is great management, always making sure that the project delivers what it set out to do and matches expectations.
About the role
The lifecycle of an Avanade project runs all the way from opportunity and solutioning, through to contract delivery, then eventual closure and operational support. As a Delivery Manager, you are accountable for the delivery of the project against the contract.
You support, monitor and report throughout the phases - sales, estimating, planning, mobilising and executing, right up to closure, ensuring regular communication with stakeholders and clients and monitoring financial performance.
Day to day, you will
- Balance scope, schedule, budget, quality and risks
- Develop, implement, and maintain a detailed project schedule to ensure production of on-time, on-budget, quality outputs
- Report on status and progress of all aspects of the project against the contract
- Assist client teams to implement change enablement processes
- Cultivate strong client relationships
- Manage Avanade staff – both onshore and offshore – as well as sub-contractor staff when required
- Travel as needed.
You balance a strategic outlook with a practical focus on day-to-day activities and changing needs, and your business knowledge matches your excellent teamwork, planning and communication skills.
You are driven to achieve outcomes – both for your client and for your employer. You enjoy working with structure, although with a level of autonomy, and you think and work systematically and logically - with an attention to the daily detail. You are at home with enterprise technology and your business acumen means you understand what’s involved in bringing a client initiative to successful conclusion.
You probably have a Bachelor degree in Business or IT and a Project Management certification. You are likely to have some years of experience in the consulting industry.
You’ve got great spoken and written communication skills, and your client-focussed attitude means you’re comfortable presenting to clients.
Your skills and experience include:
- Managing project delivery against a contract
- Managing client stakeholder expectations
- Managing projects using an Agile delivery approach
- Managing requirements and team work using Azure DevOps (or JIRA)
- Managing project schedule using Microsoft Project
- Managing Microsoft implementations – Azure, Dynamics 365, Office 365
- Managing project delivery in client environments
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.