Area of expertise:
As a Data Scientist, you will lead the development of analytics solutions based on machine learning & statistical predictive algorithms for clients of Data & AI to solve some of their most pressing challenges. We are looking for experienced data scientists with extensive hands-on experience in machine and deep learning, statistical modeling, and software development, proven scientific research skills, and technical leadership as well as commercial experience required to apply these skills in a consulting-based project environment.
- Assessment of client requirements and the design of solutions to address them based on data analysis, data science, technology, and business process design.
- Financial business case development.
- Data science project and resource planning.
- Program leadership including delivery team leadership and stakeholder management.
- Development of operating models and strategies for clients in analytics and data science.
- Provision of advice to clients on approaches to solving complex business problems through the application of technology and data analysis.
- Mentoring of more junior team members in data science, consulting, and advisory skills.
- Supporting the development of the company brand through participation in communities, blogs, forums, or other public domains under the headline of data science, analytics, or related topics.
We are looking for the following experience profile:
- Significant experience in the design and build of data science solutions for customers.
- Hands-on experience in data science, machine learning and statistical analytics.
- Experience in data analytics, BI, data warehousing, a data platform development or other relevant hands-on technical experience.
- Understanding of structured and unstructured data analysis, streaming data, IoT, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and related topical analytics fields.
- Understanding of data science methodologies and the processes of data scientists follow in problem-solving.
- Significant experience in implementing/deploying in Azure/AWS/GCP
- Able to manage teams across multiple projects.
- Comfortable actively engaging and leading sales and business development opportunities with clients.
- The extensive commercial or academic experience of developing ML & AI solutions using R and Python.
- In-depth knowledge of machine learning algorithms.
- Hands-on experience and skills in developing complex query structures with SQL and/or NoSQL query languages.
- Strong business analysis skills and deep understanding of analytics.
- Proven scientific research skills (published scientific papers and/or scientific conference presentations).
- Advanced degree (Ph.D.) in machine learning, computer science, physics, applied mathematics, or statistics.
- Hands-on experience and understanding of deep learning techniques (TensorFlow, Theano, MXNet, Microsoft DMTK).
- Experience with big data stack (Spark, Hadoop, Storm, Hive & Pig) and NoSQL stores.
- Experience with distributed machine learning (RHadoop, Spark MLlib).
- Strong algorithmic and programming skills in Java or C/C++ or C# or Scala.
- A solid grounding in applied mathematics, especially optimization and graph theory, and statistics.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.