Area of expertise:
As Data Scientist, you will help clients understand and extract insights and value from their data using sophisticated analytical tools and techniques. Working both independently and as part of a team, you will be involved in all phases of analytics projects including question formulation, design, research and development, implementation, and testing. The Data Scientist should be able to understand the business context of our customers, explore data and build advanced analytical models and then present and converse about these models to any level of audience. The end goal would be to leverage Data Science and relevant tools to solve complex business problems.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Produce innovative solutions for Avanade's clients driven by exploratory data analysis from complex and high-dimensional datasets, both structured and unstructured, applying advanced statistical, data mining, and machine-learning techniques.
- Apply knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, deep learning and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to better business decision making
- Use a flexible, analytical approach to design, develop, and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data
- Generate and test hypotheses, analyze and interpret the results of product experiments
- Communicate data-driven insights and deliver action plans that steer business strategy and decision-making for one or more business segments.
- Collaborate with the other project team members leading the Data Architecture and Data Modelling to ensure good alignment between the technical and functional project goals.
- Work with Avanade's and client teams to translate prototypes into new products, services, and features and provide guidelines for large-scale implementations
- Provide input and guidance on data visualization techniques and opportunities
- Work with deal teams to provide subject matter expertise and solutioning support for client proposals and RFPs
- Identify new analytics tools and techniques and lead development and deployment of infrastructure for generating and analyzing information
Qualifications and experience:
- Proficient with two or more predictive analytics tools including R, Revolution R, SAS, SPSS, MATLAB, Power BI, MicroStrategy, and Tableau
- Strong knowledge of Python and the library ecosystem
- Demonstrable professional experience with data mining, analysis, modeling, of large scale, complex data sets
- Proficient in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing (A/B testing), deep learning and optimization algorithms
- Proficient in at least one high level programming languages such (i.e. S, C++, Python, Julia, and etc.)
- Proficient in statistical modeling tools and Cognitive analytics like text analytics, image recognition, video analytics etc.
- Proficient in model identification by use case/industry and knowledge of applying models to enterprise use cases
- Able to explain analytical methodologies and concepts in non-technical language
- Experience with NoSQL databases and tools (i.e. Hadoop, Hive Spark, etc.)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
You likely possess a Master’s in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics, Operations Research, Economics/Econometrics, Engineering or another relevant quantitative field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
You likely have about 2+ years of demonstrable experience in leveraging Data Science to solve business problems, preferably in a consulting environment. You have 6+ years of experience in IT projects.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.