Data Scientist Analyst
Area of expertise:
Data Scientists in Avanade are involved in the development of real-life predictive solutions to be embedded in the business processes of our customers. The main focus of the data scientist role is the development and deployment of predictive models, however, as an analyst you will also require business analysis skills, as you will be expected to analyse and scope client’s requirements, assist colleagues in solution design and participate in the articulation of that design and its value to the customer.
This role at Avanade is a critical part of the broader technical team including data scientists, engineers, architects, project managers, technical experts and other consultants.
Data Scientists at Avanade often have an industry focus, however, are expected to be able to pick up challenges across industry and apply their experience to solve them. As an analyst you will be supported in this regard by more senior and experienced team members on projects but will be expected to learn quickly and contribute value to the project team.
The role focuses on analytics solutions based on machine learning & statistical predictive algorithms for our customers. We are looking for data scientists with relevant education in algorithmic data analysis and proven scientific research skills.
- Assist in the development of machine learning, artificial intelligence, and statistical models and solutions using Python.
- Prepare advanced data analyses and present results of these analyses to business stakeholders.
- Participate and contribute to the presentation of projects outputs to clients.
- Participate in pre-sales activities to demonstrate how data science and statistics may be applied for commercial advantage of potential clients.
- Assist team members in the development of solution prototypes and deliver demonstrations of these to client teams.
- Support blended teams of colleagues, client and partner resources to help share knowledge and develop an integrated delivery ethic.
We are looking for the following experience profile:
- Education in applied sciences, engineering or mathematics, or equivalent learnings in coding, software development, mathematics or data science.
- Commercial or academic experience in developing ML & AI solutions using Python.
- In depth knowledge of machine learning algorithms.
- Knowledge or experience of cloud platforms (Azure, AWS or GCP).
- Capabilities in the areas of data engineering, data modelling and complex big data analysis.
- Strong business analysis skills and deep understanding of analytics.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Hands-on experience in developing complex query structures with SQL and/or NoSQL query languages.
- Proven scientific research skills (published scientific papers and/or scientific conference presentations).
- Advanced degree (PhD) in machine learning, computer science, physics, applied mathematics or statistics.
- Hands-on experience and understanding of deep learning techniques (TensorFlow, Theano, MXNet, Microsoft DMTK).
- Experience with distributed machine learning (Spark MLlib, PySpark).
- Algorithmic and programming skills in Java or C/C++ or C# or Scala.
- Understanding of or experience in software engineering best practices, DevOps and MLOps.
- Solid grounding in applied mathematics, especially optimisation and graph theory, and statistics.
Applications are only invited from candidates with the right to reside and work within the UK. Candidates should be willing to travel for the purposes of client delivery and collaborating with colleagues.
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.