Data Science Intern - Data & AI CoE
Area of expertise:
Think you can do more with Microsoft AI? So do we.
Avanade’s Global Data & AI Center of Excellence (CoE) is looking for passionate AI/ML technologists who want to contribute to our AI/ML initiatives alongside our global Data & AI Team. After being awarded Microsoft’s AI/ML Partner of the Year in 2020, we are driven to be at the forefront of Microsoft AI innovation, keep pace with the latest, cutting edge technologies, and continue to bring value to our clients. Our CoE offers constant opportunities for growth and learning, while providing an environment for interns to build skills and experience that will help launch them into exciting careers in AI/ML.
- Adaptable and eager to learn about and implement new technologies to solve challenges
- A self-starter who shows initiative when faced with new problems and technologies
- A strong team player and comfortable working with teams of diverse skills and backgrounds
- Passionate about AI/ML and how it can be used to solve real world challenges
About the Role:
As a Data Science Intern, you will work with our global Data & AI Team on our high priority, internal AI/ML projects and initiatives. You will be actively involved in driving the delivery of specific projects, which can include but not limited to the development of Avanade’s MLOps accelerator, industry specific AI accelerators, and productionalizing Avanade’s Data Science Model Repository.
Day-to-Day, You Will:
- Design and build data and ML pipelines, data visualizations/dashboards, and prepare data for ML
- Bring a project from requirements gathering through to delivery of the technical solutions based on business requirements while meeting quality, security and accuracy
- Facilitate the adoption of new technologies for Avanade professionals through the delivery of projects, demos, and/or trainings
- Evaluate and learn about new cloud technologies to provide competitive market perspective
- Work with Avanade’s business and technology professionals to design compelling user experiences for solutions, demos, and accelerators that are delivered/showcased to our clients
- Help develop and implement user-training programs for service products and projects
- Verify functionality and quality of projects before release to ensure acceptance criteria are met
Your Skillset and Experience Includes:
- Experience with data science and machine learning (using Python or R)
- Knowledge of data visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- Familiarity with statistical analysis – correlation, regression, etc.
- Basic understanding of software development and implementation lifecycles
- Experience gathering requirements from stakeholders to build and guide a project
- Knowledge of or experience planning user research, conducting interviews, shadowing, etc.
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Education Background: You will be working towards a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Data Science, Information Systems, or another relevant field
- Technical Experience: You have 1-2 years of working with advanced analytics (AI/ML) technologies
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.