Data Protection Consultant
Area of expertise:
At Avanade, cybersecurity consultants are innovators, risk takers, and challengers of the status quo. If you’re an experienced Data Protection Consultant, who can help our clients solve complex Data Protection business challenges, this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
About the Role in Our Security Practice
In a client-facing consulting role, you will work on exciting projects that transform our client’s Data Protection solutions through the design and implementation of predominantly Microsoft Data Protection technologies, with a focus on the Microsoft 365 security capabilities. As a member of our security practice, you will work for both Avanade and Accenture clients, ranging from medium to large global enterprise clients.
Join a curious and diverse team that’s passionate about next-gen tech and establish yourself as a Leader in the Security space. Together, let’s transform cybersecurity.
- You are a Data Protection Consultant, interested in joining our security practice, and:
- Are experienced in consulting and advisory discussions with clients and other consulting firms
- Are talented in designing and implementing technology solutions
- Are experienced in working with or leading medium to large teams
- Are able to collaborate within a large global organization
- Take full accountability to lead and manage work streams and ensure work is coordinated across different work streams, processes, or projects.
- Create and validate the detailed design of solution components in accordance with the target solution within environments of medium size and complexity Lead small to medium project general design and delivery (solution architecture and associated infrastructure or business and functional requirements)
- Are highly regarded individual who proactivity builds trust with clients at multiple levels, sought out for follow on work
- Prepare well written, logical, concise material without guidance Identify new or extend current opportunities at the account level and contribute to upsell.
- Present well to audiences of all sizes and challenges client assumptions constructively
- Complete defined work streams on time, on budget and with expected quality level within the scope of the role.
- Makes internal contributions to practice
- You solve complex problems that span across work domains requiring considerable judgement of contextual factors.
- You have wide scope for autonomous decision-making within established work plans.
- You develop a strong client relationship and contribute to sales outcomes.
- You work well under guidance and direction, but fully independent in own work.
- You identify utilities, tools or processes to improve project development.
- You structure and deliver work results against defined standards and maintain structured, accurate and current work records
What We Need
Subject matter expert, who has experience working on the Microsoft platform along with:
- Proven experience in the design and implementation of Microsoft Endpoint Manager/Microsoft Intune for use of managing device types across iOS, Android and Windows Devices
- Knowledge of securing Office 365, leveraging Microsoft Secure Score
- Understanding of Microsoft Information Protection with data classification infrastructures and techniques to classify data both on-premises and in the cloud
- Relevant experience with Data Loss Prevention technologies across endpoints
- A deep understanding of the underlying Identity and Access management solutions required to operate Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Threat Protection capabilities
- Broad understanding and ability to articulate compliance frameworks (GDPR, HIPPA, PCI, etc)
- Broad conceptual understanding of data governance and protection
- Documented policies
- Microsoft skills & Industry knowledge
- Intune (MAM specifically)
- Windows 10/11
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Connecting Apps (MCAS)
- Managing Alerts (MCAS)
- Labeling (AIP/MIP)
- Authentication (AIP/MIP)
- DLP Templates (DLP)
- Azure Rights Management (AIP)
- Configuring custom DLP Policies (DLP)
- Integration point understanding:
- Azure Active Directory
- Conditional Access
- Data Lifecycle Stages (DLP)
- DLP Risk, Limitations, and Considerations (DLP)
- Data Discovery & Classification (DLP)
- Azure App Configuration (MCAS)
- Cloud Storage Apps (MCAS)
- Cloud App Alerts (MCAS)
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate (MS-500)
- Secure data access within Office
- 365 Manage Azure information Protection (AIP)
- Manage Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Implement and manage Microsoft Cloud App Security (MCAS)
- Opportunity to work for Microsoft’s Global Alliance Partner of the Year (17 of the last 20 years)
- Exceptional development and training to help you understand Microsoft's broader Security, Compliance, and Identity (SCI) ecosystem with a minimum 80 hours/year of training and paid certifications
- Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
- Dedicated career adviser to encourage your progression
- Reward and recognition program
- Full benefits package including medical coverage, income protection policy, extended benefits, bonus program, generous retirement plan, and much more.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has to date 36,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.
Learn more at http://www.avanade.com/ Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis.
Colorado applicants, pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, we are providing you with salary and benefits information. The expected salary range for this role is $75,700-$140,800 and information on benefits offered is here.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.