Data Platform Cloud Solutions Architect
Area of expertise:
Are you a forward thinking, tech savvy Data Platform Cloud Solutions Architect looking to make an impact in both Presales and Delivery? If you're the type of person to help drive high priority customer initiatives across vertical industries, please keep reading.
In conjunction with Clients and Microsoft's Enterprise accounts segment of our business, together we accomplish cutting edge, business changing solutions. This is a client facing role that focuses on Data Platform Modernization and includes some Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence concepts.
You have 'best of both worlds' Azure (Data) Solutions Architect where you are customer facing in the pre-sales process, heavily involved in mobilization you get to cross over into delivery.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Applying your continually growing technical knowledge to design solutions that meet business and IT needs, create Data Platform, AA/AI roadmaps, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key analytics and AI technologies where appropriate (e.g. Azure ML, ML Server, BOT framework, Cognitive Services, Big Data, Data Lake, Azure, Databricks, etc.)
- Ensure that solution exhibits high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Develop deep relationships with key customer decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with internal and MSFT Engineering team
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners.
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on Microsoft Azure platform,
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community while educating customers on the Azure platform
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities!
Experiences Required - Education, Key Experiences, Knowledge and Skills:
- 7+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications required
- 5+ years’ experience working with large complex enterprise accounts architecting cloud solutions for data estate workloads
- 5+ years implementing large scale data projects within the cloud environment
- Collaboration and Communication. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence remote teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects.
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, database migrations, and technology management. required
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge, with depth / Subject Matter Expertise in two or more of the following Data Platform Cloud solutions required:
- SQL including OSS (postgre, MySQL etc), Azure SQL
- NoSQL Databases including OSS (Maria, Mongo etc), Cosmos DB
- Big Data including SQL DW, Snowflake, Big Query
- Data storage technologies such as MSSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Azure Cosmos DB and Azure SQL.
- Data Governance
- Data Engineering
- Expertise in data estate workloads like HDInsight, Hadoop, Cloudera, Spark, Python required
- Technical Capability and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trend required
- Knowledge of Competitors: Knowledge of cloud development platforms preferred
You likely possess an advanced degree in a quantitative field such as computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, or machine learning. At Avanade we also support an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.