Area of expertise:
- Work with the data functional team, key business representatives, application designers and solution architect to understand data landscape, data sources, and end requirements.
- Create conceptual, logical and physical data models for the to be reporting and analytics solution.
- Create entity-relationship diagrams for relational systems and dimensional diagrams.
- Create data models using Data Vault and/or Star-Schema modelling techniques
- Work with the technical architect and data engineering team to understand database constraints and implementation considerations.
- Help define and create required metadata.
- Maintain data models continuously as modifications and enhancements are made.
- Analyze and recommend aggregations and other measures to improve performance.
- Support detailed data mapping.
- At least 5+ years’ experience in data modelling
- Experience in at least four data / analytics project implementations in large (>10000 employees) enterprises.
- High proficiency in logical data modelling - 3NF, dimensional.
- High proficiency in physical data modelling for relational databases.
- High proficiency in data vault and/or star-schema modelling techniques.
- High proficiency in SQL and cloud data warehouses (ie. Snowflake)
- Proficiency in a dedicated data modelling tool (ie. Idera, Erwin)
- Proficiency in big data concept.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.