Area of expertise:
Do you enjoy making sure that information is accessible and easy to use? So do we.
You’re a data designer who knows how to find, store and present a range of information from different sources so that everyone can access what they need quickly and simply, and use it effectively.
You draw on your considerable experience in bringing data and statistics to life to solve complex problems, and you’re comfortable looking after several projects at once. You’re able to make your own decisions while at the same time supporting more junior team members.
About the job:
Working in Data Engineering, you know the importance of data to client business. You design and set up projects that bring together information from a variety of sources, to enable analysis and decision-making. You make sure that data is accessible and easy to use, so that it can be used for routine and ad-hoc analysis.
Day to day, you will:
- Use your knowledge to plan and deliver data warehouse and storage
- Take part in designing and running bespoke data services for individual projects
- Engage in client conversation to fully understand business cases
- Stay up to date with business best practice in using and retrieving data
- Design, develop, adapt and maintain data warehouse architecture and relational databases that support data mining and data analysis
- Customize storage and extraction, metadata, and information repositories
- Create and use effective metrics and monitoring processes
- Help to develop business intelligence tools
- Support deal teams by providing subject knowledge and solutions for client proposals
- Author reports that include key performance indicators, show where current operations can be improved, and identify the causes of any problems
- Create and maintain report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators and canned reports, as well as other information portals and resources
- Travel as required.
You’re got great experience in data and analysis, and how to source, store and share information. You’re a problem solver who’s happy to work autonomously and to share their knowledge and skills, as well as guiding other team members.
Your skills and experience include:
- Database, storage, collection and aggregation models, techniques and technologies – and how to apply them in business
- Implementing data platforms and solutions in a cloud environment, preferably Azure
- Employing statistical and data visualization tools and techniques
- Experience in structured problem solving
- Great project and people management
- Working with SQL, DAX, R or equivalent
- Good communicationsskills within Swedish and English
You’re likely to have a bachelor’s degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Systems Engineering or another relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. You also have at least three years of relevant professional experience.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.