Do you know how great data design can support critical business decision-making? So do we. Data is more than just information: it’s valuable insight that gives businesses the knowledge to transform.
At Avanade, we have a passion for technology and our vision is to be the leading digital innovator, realizing results for our clients through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. At Avanade Finland, we are currently about 40 dedicated employees and we plan to grow. This is your unique opportunity to join Avanade's Data & AI Practice!
We offer you
- The possibility of working with the latest Microsoft technologies and more!
- Opportunity to work in a truly global cloud company with unrivaled development and certifications.
- Dedicated career advisor to encourage your progression and development.
- Challenging projects for Finnish and international clients.
- A community of passionate experts who work in an agile and dynamic manner.
- A company awarded by Microsoft as “Partner of the year” for the 15th time.
About the role
Avanade Finland is looking for a Data Engineering Consultant to join our Analytics Talent Community. You will help to design data solutions that enable clients to see the whole picture and provide insightful and accurate analysis that helps to build successful businesses. All our solutions are based on Microsoft Cloud technology, either using Azure PaaS components or Power BI Services.
As a Data Engineering Consultant, you will collect, aggregate, store, and reconcile data in support of client business decisions. You will help design and build data pipelines, data streams, reporting tools, information dashboards and other end-user information portals and insight tools.
You will be a critical part of the data supply chain, ensuring that stakeholders can access and manipulate data for routine and ad hoc analysis to drive business outcomes using Advanced Analytics. Your work gives people the tools they need to find and use data for routine and non-routine analysis.
Day to day you will:
- Translate business requirements to technical solutions leveraging strong business acumen.
- Analyze current business practices, processes and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for leveraging Microsoft Azure Data & Analytics PaaS Services.
- Support the planning and implementation of data design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance and performing needs assessments.
- Design and Build Modern Data Pipelines and Data Streams.
- Develop and maintain data warehouse schematics, layouts, architectures and relational/non-relational databases for data access and Advanced Analytics.
- Expose data to end users using Power BI or any other modern visualization platform or experience.
- Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes.
Nature of work & Scope of work:
- Execute project/program plans and processes in alignment with established operational objectives.
- Scope of Work: Primarily focused on own work, and execution of prescribed work plans.
- Complexity: Complex problems primarily within one's occupation / discipline that require personal judgement of contextual factors.
- Discretion: Wide latitude in approach to work within established work plans.
- Organizational Impact: Work efforts have an immediate impact on Avanade and/or client operations.
- Supervision Received: Works under general guidance and direction, but fully independent in own work with latitude for autonomous decision-making related to work process.
- Supervision Provided: Supports more junior colleagues on work efforts, with some checking of work.
- Knowledge Applied: Applies advanced knowledge of a learned occupation / discipline.
Your technical/non-technical skills likely include:
- Demonstrated experience of turning business use cases and requirements to technical solutions.
- The ability to solve business problems using one or more Azure Data and Analytics services in combination with building data pipelines, data streams, and system integration.
- Experience with Python and T-SQL.
- Knowledge of Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake and Azure SQL Database is required.
- Knowledge of Big Data architecture patterns.
- You are a team player and have experience working with remote teams.
- Fluent in Finnish and English both spoken and written.
Preferred skills, but not required:
- Knowledge of Databricks, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure IOT Hub, Azure Event Hub and Azure App Service.
- Basic knowledge of the following: Master Data Management (MDM), Data Quality tools and processes, agile development practices, DevOps and containerization is a plus, C# and .NET Core software development.
- Microsoft Certifications are an advantage, e.g., Data Engineer Associate.
Do you want more information or details? Click the button below and apply today!
If you have questions or concerns about the role or Avanade, you are welcome to contact our recruiter Lilli Tavaststjerna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't see the exact right opening for you right now? Send us your information at Candidate Community and we can stay in touch and let you know when such a position does come available. Follow us on Avanade LinkedIn, we post all our openings there.