Area of expertise:
Avanade, a joint venture between Accenture and Microsoft, combines the best in strategy and technology to allow clients to unlock more value from their businesses. As we continue to grow our Polish business a new site opens in the heart of Poland – Warsaw. With our ambitious growth plan opportunities arose to join us at the newly created positions in our Business Intelligence team. By joining now, you will experience what it is like to be the force that shapes our new Warsaw team and excites our clients with the digital transformation of their businesses. All this while being surrounded by curious people, bold challenges, and limitless learning opportunities.
We are currently seeking Data Engineer.
About the role:
As a Data Engineer, you will collect, aggregate, store, and reconcile data in support of Client business decisions. You will help design and build data pipelines, data streams, reporting tools, information dashboards, data service APIs, data generators and other end-user information portals and insight tools. You will be a critical part of the data supply chain, ensuring that stakeholders can access and manipulate data for routine and ad hoc analysis to drive business outcomes using Advanced Analytics.
Day-to-day you will:
• Translate business requirements to technical solutions leveraging strong business acumen.
• Analyze current business practices, processes and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for leveraging Microsoft Azure Data & Analytics PaaS Services.
• Support the planning and implementation of data design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance and performing needs assessments.
• Design and Build Modern Data Pipelines and Data Streams.
• Develop and maintain data warehouse schematics, layouts, architectures and relational/non-relational databases for data access and Advanced Analytics.
• Expose data to end users using PowerBI, Azure API Apps or any other modern visualization platform or experience.
• Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes.
You likely have about 2-4+ years of relevant professional experience. Strong team collaborator experienced working with remote teams in client-centric environment.
• Mastery of SQL (T-SQL or PL SQL preferred), ability to manipulate and present data
• Knowledge of Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure Databricks, Azure SQL DW, Azure SQL, or Azure App Service.
• Demonstrated experience of turning business use cases and requirements to technical solutions and in business process mapping
• Ability to conduct data profiling, cataloging, and mapping for technical design and construction of technical data flows.
• The ability to apply such methods to solve business problems using one or more Azure Data and Analytics services in combination with building data pipelines, data streams, and system integration. and familiarity with Python and Spark
• Working experience with Cosmos DB, Databricks + Python
Nice to have:
(will be considered as “a plus” but are not required):
Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate
Knowledge of some of the main components of Azure Analytics:
• Azure HDInsight + Spark, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure IOT Hub, or Azure Event Hub is a plus
Experience preparing data for Data Science and Machine Learning is a plus.
Knowledge of Jupyter Notebooks or Databricks Notebooks for Python development is a plus.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.