Area of expertise:
Do you know how great data design can support critical business decision-making? So do we.
Data is more than just information. It's valuable insight that gives business the knowledge to transform.
You help to design data solutions that enable clients to see the whole picture and provide insightful and accurate analysis that helps to build successful businesses.
About the job
As a Data Engineer, you will support the implementation of projects focused on collecting, aggregating, storing, reconciling, and making data accessible from disparate sources to enable analysis and decision making. This role will also play a critical part in the data supply chain, by ensuring stakeholders can access and manipulate data for routine and ad hoc analysis. Additionally, you will support the full lifecycle of data from ingesting through analytics to action.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Day-to-day you will:
- Support planning and delivery of data warehouse and storage architecture.
- Support the planning and implementation of data design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance, and performing needs assessments.
- Develop and maintain data warehouse schematics, layouts, architectures, and relational databases for data storage and data mining
- Deliver data to end-users using ETL, SSRS, Excel, PowerPivot, and SharePoint Performance Point
- Customize data storage and extraction, data mining, database architecture, metadata, and repository creation.
- Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes.
- Participate in the design and development of business intelligence reporting tools.
- Program and maintain report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators, canned reports, and other end-user information portals or resources.
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
- Strong experience with Talend's Data Integration Studio, Data Quality, Data Catalog OR Azure Data Factory OR SSIS backed by Azure certifications
- Strong in SQL and SQL Data Warehouse (Microsoft Synapse)
- Exposure to WhereScape
- Unix scripting
- Familiarity with CI/CD in DevOps in a data engineering context
- Azure certifications (AZ-900, AZ-200 and 201)
Preferred Education Background:
You likely possess a Bachelor's degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or another relevant field with around 4-9 years of relevant professional experience.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.