Data Centre Migration Lead
Area of expertise:
You are a solid technologist with strong business skills. You are as comfortable leading a technical team and working with business stakeholders, and you know how to build bridges between the two. You are a strong collaborator with excellent communications skills are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions.
As a Data Centre Migration Lead, you will be responsible for the relocation of the Exchange and Lync applications from the customer’s existing datacentre to the cloud. You will lead a team to plan, analyze, design, build, test, and deploy enterprise Microsoft technology infrastructures on Azure Public Cloud.
Skill & Capability Requirements
• Strong consulting experience with large scale migrations to Cloud Providers such as Azure, AWS, Google, IBM.
• Knowledge of infrastructure solutions, specifically in relation to Microsoft programs, platform migration, system security, and enterprise directories.
Experience in leading migration projects, mainly from Exchange and Lync applications to Azure Cloud.
• Strong understanding of O365 solutions covering Exchange Online, SharePoint, OneDrive for Business, Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams
• Deep understanding of cloud computing & O365 solutions with demonstrated hands-on experience in one or more of the following domains: Azure Core Platform: Compute (Iaas & Paas), Storage, Networking
• Experience with Continuous Integration Delivery models
• Strong knowledge of network topologies and technologies with emphasis on network gateway devices (ingress/egress)
• Solid working knowledge of O365 core technologies including Exchange, Skype, and SharePoint in cloud, on-premises, and hybrid scenarios.
• Experience interacting with clients from diverse professional backgrounds
• Experience working with teams to facilitate project work
• Solid experience in communicating and presenting information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
• Solid written and spoken English skills
• Travel as required
Preferred Education Background & Certifications:
• You will likely have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, information technology, or a related area.
Benefits of being an Avanade Employee
• Additional 5 days personal Leave + Opportunity to purchase extra annual leave
• Wellbeing & Gadget Allowance
• Flexible working arrangements
• Generous parental leave
• Corporate private health insurance discounts
• Up to 80 hours of training per year
Please APPLY only if you are an Australian Citizen or a Permanent Resident with full working rights.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.