Area of expertise:
As a Data Architect at Avanade, you will use comprehensive modern data engineering techniques and methods with Advanced Analytics to support business decisions for Avanade clients.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- You will manage Data Governance in the enterprise and improve data governance, data quality and master data practices.
- Analyse current business practices, processes and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for leveraging Microsoft Azure Data & Analytics PaaS Services.
- Act as an Advisor for Data Governance processes, frameworks, standards, and architectures
- Delivery of architectures for transformations and modernizations of enterprise data solutions using Azure cloud data technologies.
- Design and Build Modern Data Pipelines and Data Streams.
- Design and Build Data Service APIs
- Develop and maintain data warehouse schematics, layouts, architectures and relational/non-relational databases for data access and Advanced Analytics.
- Support the planning and implementation of data design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance and performing needs assessments.
- Expose data to end users using PowerBI, Azure API Apps or any other modern visualization platform or experience.
- Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes.
- Travel as needed
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role as Data Architect and turning business use cases and requirements to technical solutions.
- Experience in business processing mapping of data and analytics solutions.
- Ability to conduct data profiling, cataloguing, and mapping for technical design and construction of technical data flows. The ability to apply such methods to solve business problems using one or more Azure Data and Analytics services in combination with building data pipelines, data streams, and system integration.
- Mastery of .NET C# and T-SQL with the familiarity of U-SQL is required
- Knowledge of Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL DW, and Azure SQL, Azure App Service is required.
- Azure IoT, Azure HDInsight + Spark, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Databricks, Azure Stream Analytics is a plus
- Knowledge of Python is a plus.
- Experience preparing data for Data Science and Machine Learning.
- Experience preparing data for use in Azure Machine Learning and/or Azure Databricks is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience preparing data and building data pipelines for AI Use Cases (text, voice, image, etc.).
- Designing and building Data Pipelines using streams of IOT data.
- Knowledge of Lambda and Kappa architecture patterns.
- Knowledge of Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Quality tools and processes
- Strong team collaboration and experience working with remote teams.
- Knowledge of Dev-Ops processes (including CI/CD) and Infrastructure as code fundamentals.
- Working experience with Visual Studio, PowerShell Scripting, and ARM templates.
- Experience with Git/TFS/VSTS is a must.
Preferred Education Background:
You likely possess MS/ Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, or machine learning. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
This role requires direct contact with Avanade clients as well as attendance in person at Avanade workplaces and other company-sponsored meetings and events. In order to comply with our client requirements and Avanade’s own health and safety obligations, this role requires the Applicant to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Proof of vaccination will be required during the application process. Applicants who have appropriate written proof of a medical or religious reason for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 may provide such documentation.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.