Data & AI Business Consultant
Area of expertise:
A Business Consultant at Avanade is comfortable working across strategy and delivery-focussed work, leveraging their problem-solving experience to act as a force multiplier in our data-driven client engagements across multiple industry verticals.
This role requires exceptional interpersonal skills as you engage with technical and business stakeholders equally - executives through to operational roles - to help understand and define business problems, design solutions and roadmaps, and drive projects from inception (or impasse!) to successful implementation and/or live service.
- Ability to work on different styles of engagements such as product development, technical delivery and advisory
- Working alongside technical experts to deliver recommended solutions and bridge the gap between the business and technical teams.
- Collaborating effectively with clients to solve key business problems and challenges by framing the problem, developing a vision, and building a roadmap to deliver.
- Able to identify the root cause business problems within the scope of an engagement.
- Effective in their engagement of stakeholders through workshops and interviews.
- Utilises a variety of business analysis and data representation, tools and techniques.
- Becoming a trusted advisor by building long term relationships with clients, working with them on developing long-term strategies around data and technology and helping bring them to fruition
- Proactively coaches Avanade and client team members when appropriate
You are the type of person who might enjoy:
- Thinking broader than just the question or problem being presented
- Seeking out problems, and distilling them into digestible concepts
- Operating in detail, without losing sight of the bigger picture
- Capable of identifying the true pain points within a client’s initial ask
- Working in diverse, multi-disciplinary teams
- Aligning and influencing people to gain a consensus
- Being inquisitive and curious about new technologies
You might have had the following experience:
- At least 2 years working in a professional services company or as an applied knowledge worker.
- An interesting data, advanced analytics, data science, technology, and business intelligence background
- Have a strong core consulting skillset: problem solving, framing complex ideas, and thinking strategically
- Experience working with clients to solve key data and technology challenges by providing actionable recommendations
- Be a force multiplier within our multi-disciplinary delivery teams, by identifying strengths and capabilities of each member and helping them execute
- Capable of fulfilling a Project Manager or Scrum Master role on smaller engagements
- Expert level business writing and communication skills
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.