Avanade is looking for an experienced Data Protection Consultant. This role is predominantly a client-facing delivery focused role providing the unique opportunity to help our clients solve complex and cutting-edge Data Protection business challenges across the Microsoft 365 platform, end-user devices, cloud and hybrid infrastructures.
About the Role:
In this client-facing role, you will be engaged on some of the most exciting, complex, and leading-edge projects. You will play an active role in transforming our client’s Data Protection capabilities and operations through the design and implementation of predominantly Microsoft Data Protection technologies, with a focus on the Microsoft 365 security capabilities.
As a member of Avanade’s security practice, you will be in a unique position to work for both Avanade and Accenture clients, ranging in size from medium to large global enterprise clients. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the entire Avanade organization by being a collaborative and knowledge-sharing individual, with the real opportunity to help shape the global Avanade security offerings as well as developing your thought-leadership by producing blogs and articles for your region and for Avanade.com. We actively encourage and provide opportunity to undertake innovation, training, and development to ensure you are always at the cutting-edge Microsoft Security technology and our vendor solutions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop yourself into leader in the Data Protection space. You will learn how to deliver large and global Data Protection solutions, as well as gain the knowledge and experience of Microsoft’s broader Security, Compliance, and Identity (SCI) ecosystem, which is already recognized as a world-leading integrated security platform.
You are a Data Protection Consultant interested in joining our rapidly growing security practice, your skills may include some of the following soft skills as well as the technical skills we require:
· You are experienced in owning the design and implementation of technology solutions.
· You are experienced ensuring you deliver what is stated in a contract.
· You have some experience in supporting and developing more junior team members.
· You are dedicated and deliver high quality deliverables and outcomes.
Important note: We are agnostic on the vendors you’ve worked with; we’re looking for your skills and capabilities in this area and a proven ability to learn new technology.
To hit the ground running, your skills may include:
· Proven experience in the design and implementation of Microsoft Endpoint Manager/Microsoft Intune for use of managing corporate owned and bring your own device types across iOS, Android and Windows Devices.
· Proven experience securing Office 365, leveraging Microsoft Secure Score with a deep understanding of the security capabilities of Office 365.
· Proven understanding of Microsoft Information Protection with a good understanding of data classification infrastructures and techniques to classifying unstructured and structured data both on-premises and in the cloud.
· Experience with Data Loss Prevention technologies across endpoints, email and the internet.
· A good understanding of the underlying Identity and Access management solutions required to operate Microsoft 365.
· Interested in developing experience and understanding of Microsoft Threat Protection capabilities.
· Understanding of techniques and approaches towards the protection of data stored in databases and applications.
· Understanding of confidentiality and data integrity principles.
· Some understanding of the business, privacy, security, and compliance challenges surrounding Data Protection, including being able to research and understand data privacy requirements.
· With an eye to the future, you are aware of emerging technologies in the Data Protection space.
· Australian Citizenship is required
Benefits We Offer:
· Opportunity to work for Microsoft’s Global Alliance Partner of the Year (17 of the last 20 years!)
· Exceptional development and training with a minimum 80 hours/year of training and paid certifications
· Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
· 18 weeks paid Parental Leave benefit - available for both parents regardless of gender and fully applicable to same-sex families – and can be taken in a range of flexible ways to suit each family’s
· MyDays - 5 days of leave each year - this benefit supports Avanade's commitment to promoting a healthy balance between work and home life and it can also be taken to honour employees cultural beliefs.
· Gadget and Wellbeing allowance paid annually
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 36,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at http://www.avanade.com/