Cyber Defense Consultant
Area of expertise:
Avanade is looking for an experienced Cyber Defense Consultant. This is predominantly a delivery-focused role with the opportunity to support on pre-sales activities. We provide the unique opportunity to help our clients solve complex and cutting-edge Cyber Defense business challenges across their Cloud Providers, Microsoft 365 platform, end user devices and identity infrastructures.
About the Role:
In this client-facing role, you will be engaged on some of the most exciting, complex, and leading-edge projects. You will play an active role in transforming our client’s Cyber Defense strategy, capabilities and operations through the design and implementation of predominantly Microsoft Threat Protection technologies.
As a member of Avanade’s security practice, you will be in a unique position to work for both Avanade and Accenture clients, ranging in size from medium to large global enterprise clients. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the entire Avanade organization by being a collaborative and knowledge-sharing individual, with the real opportunity to help shape the global Avanade security offerings as well as developing your thought-leadership by producing blogs and articles for your region and for Avanade.com. We actively encourage and provide opportunity to undertake innovation, training, and development to ensure you are always at the cutting-edge Microsoft Security technology and our vendor solutions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop yourself into leader in the Cyber Defense space. Avanade will broaden your solutioning and delivering experience with large and global Cyber Defense opportunities, as well as gain the knowledge and experience of Microsoft’s broader Security, Compliance, and Identity ecosystem, which is already recognized as a world-leading integrated security platform.
You are a Cyber Defense Consultant interested in joining our rapidly growing security practice, your skills may include some of the following soft skills as well as the technical skills we require:
- Experienced with consulting and advisory discussions with Clients
- Knowledge and ability to design and implement technology solutions
- Proven ability to work with or lead medium to large projects teams and ensuring the delivery of the solution
- Dedicated to delivering high quality deliverables and properly channeling changes when needed
- Ability to conduct and lead conversations with Clients and with other large consulting firms
Important note: We are agnostic on the vendors you’ve worked with; we’re looking for your skills and capabilities in this area and a proven ability to learn new technology.
Ideally, you would have had experience working on the Microsoft platform, however we can provide focused training to the right candidates who can demonstrate their passion, experience and thought-leadership in this space. To hit the ground running, your skills may include:
- Proven experience in the design and implementation of Anti-Virus and Endpoint Detection and Response solutions to protect, detect and response to cyber incidents on endpoints across all major operating systems
- Understanding to proven experience protecting email, instant messaging and collaboration platforms from malicious attacks, such as Phishing as well as from more sophisticated attacks such as Spear Phishing, Business Email Compromise and identity theft
- Understanding and proven experience with user and entity behavioral analytics and how these services can be used to identify and defend against identity compromise
- Understanding to proven experience of security, incident and event management solutions, their design, implementation, and integration into Security Operations. Azure Sentinel experience is of particular interest
- Understanding to proven experience performing use case development and rules that can be applied to consolidate events across disparate systems and used to identify an attack chain across systems
- Understanding to proven experience performing threat hunting across endpoints, identities, networking, cloud and collaboration platforms
- A good understanding of threat modelling, risk and how to mitigate the risks concerning applications, both from internal and external threat actors
- Good to deep understanding of incident response processes and techniques for cyber recovery
- Good to deep understanding of security operations centers, their functions and roles
- Good to deep understanding of the Microsoft platforms across Windows, Microsoft 365 and Azure
- Understanding to proven experience in managed security services, incident response and security advisory
- A good understanding of techniques and approaches used by threat actors to compromise companies
- A good understanding of the MITRE ATT&CK framework and how it can be applied to help customers improve their cyber defense
- A good understanding of the business, privacy, security, and compliance challenges surrounding client data and able to articulate and understand the types of assets that would be seen as valuable and susceptible to attack
- With an eye to the future, you are aware of emerging technologies in the Cyber Defense space
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly-expanding and exciting security practice, with the chance to develop your proven delivery experience into the area of pre-sales and solutioning and you will be exposed to large, global enterprise clients, with some of the most complex and enticing security problems to solve.
Benefits We Offer:
Opportunity to work for Microsoft’s Global Alliance Partner of the Year (17 of the last 20 years!)
Exceptional development and training with a minimum 80 hours/year of training and paid certifications
Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
Dedicated career adviser to encourage your progression
Engaged and helpful coworkers genuinely interested in you
Reward and recognition program
Full benefits package including medical coverage, income protection policy, extended benefits, bonus program, generous retirement plan, and much more!
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade up to at has 36,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at http://www.avanade.com/
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.