Cyber Defense Consultant
Area of expertise:
Are you ready to tackle some of the biggest challenges in cybersecurity?
At Avanade, cybersecurity consultants are innovators, risk-takers, and challengers of the status quo. If you’re an experienced Cyber Defense Consultant, who can help our clients solve complex Cyber Defense business challenges, this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
About the Role in Our Security Practice:
In a client-facing consultancy role, you will work on exciting projects that transform our client’s Cyber Defense strategy and operations through the design and implementation of predominantly Microsoft Threat Protection technologies. As a member of our security practice, you will work for both Avanade and
Accenture clients, ranging from medium to large global enterprise clients.
Join a curious and diverse team that’s passionate about next-gen tech and establish yourself as a Leader in the Cyber Defense space. Together, let’s transform cybersecurity.
You are a Cyber Defense Consultant interested in joining our security practice, and are:
● Experienced in consulting and advisory discussions with clients and other consulting firms
● Talented in designing and implementing technology solutions
● Experienced in working with or leading medium to large teams
● Able to collaborate within a large global organization
What We Need:
We are vendor agnostic. However, experience working on the Microsoft platform is preferred along with:
● Proven experience in the design and implementation of Anti-Virus and Endpoint Detection and Response solutions to detect and response to cyber incidents
● Experience protecting email, instant messaging and collaboration platforms from malicious attacks such as Phishing, Spear Phishing, Business Email Compromise and identity theft
● Understanding of user and entity behavioral analytics and how these can be used to defend against identity compromise
● Proven experience of security, incident and event management solutions, their design, implementation, and integration into Security Operations. Azure Sentinel experience is of particular interest
● Relevant experience performing threat hunting across endpoints, identities, networking, cloud and collaboration platforms
● A good understanding of threat modelling, risk and how to mitigate the risks concerning applications, both from internal and external threat actors
● Opportunity to work for Microsoft’s Global Alliance Partner of the Year (17 of the last 20 years)
● Exceptional development and training to help you understand Microsoft's broader Security, Compliance, and Identity (SCI) ecosystem with a minimum 80 hours/year of training and paid certifications
● Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
● Dedicated career adviser to encourage your progression
● Reward and recognition program
● Full benefits package including medical coverage, income protection policy, extended benefits, bonus program, generous retirement plan, and much more.
Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for
clients and their customers. Avanade has to date 36,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by
Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at http://www.avanade.com/
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.