Cyber Defense Architect, Manager
Area of expertise:
Cyber Defense Architect
Level: Manager - Group Manager
Avanade is looking for an experienced Cyber Defense Architect. This is predominantly a delivery-focused role with the opportunity to support on pre-sales activities. We provide the unique opportunity to help our clients solve complex and cutting-edge Cyber Defense business challenges across their Cloud Providers, Microsoft 365 platform, end user devices and identity infrastructures.
About the Role:
In this client-facing role, you will be engaged on some of the most exciting, complex, and leading-edge projects. You will play an active role in transforming our client’s Cyber Defense strategy, capabilities and operations through the design and implementation of predominantly Microsoft Threat Protection technologies.
As a member of Avanade’s security practice, you will be in a unique position to work for both Avanade and Accenture clients, ranging in size from medium to large global enterprise clients. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the entire Avanade organization by being a collaborative and knowledge-sharing individual, with the real opportunity to help shape the global Avanade security offerings as well as developing your thought-leadership by producing blogs and articles for your region and for Avanade.com. We actively encourage and provide opportunity to undertake innovation, training, and development to ensure you are always at the cutting-edge Microsoft Security technology and our vendor solutions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop yourself into leader in the Cyber Defense space. You will learn how to deliver large and global Cyber Defense solutions, as well as gain the knowledge and experience of Microsoft’s broader Security, Compliance, and Identity ecosystem, which is already recognized as a world-leading integrated security platform.
You are a Cyber Defense Architect interested in joining our rapidly growing security practice, your skills may include some of the following soft skills as well as the technical skills we require:
• You are experienced in leading medium to large projects and project teams.
• You are experienced with managing deliverables and being responsible for delivering against critical milestones.
• You have some experience in solution architecture and pre-sales deal shaping.
• You have some experience in developing and maintaining long term strategic client relationships.
Important note: We are agnostic on the vendors you’ve worked with; we’re looking for your skills and capabilities in this area and a proven ability to learn new technology.
Ideally, you would have had experience working on the Microsoft platform, however we can provide focused training to the right candidates who can demonstrate their passion, experience and thought-leadership in this space. To hit the ground running, your skills may include:
• Proven experience in the design and implementation of Anti-Virus and Endpoint Detection and Response solutions to protect, detect and response to cyber incidents on endpoints across all major operating systems.
• Proven experience protecting email, instant messaging and collaboration platforms from malicious attacks, such as Phishing as well as from more sophisticated attacks such as Spear Phishing, Business Email Compromise and identity theft.
• Proven experience with user and entity behavioral analytics and how these services can be used to identify and defend against identity compromise.
• Proven experience of security, incident and event management solutions, their design, implementation and integration into Security Operations. Azure Sentinel experience is of particular interest.
• Proven experience performing use case development and rules that can be applied to consolidate events across disparate systems and used to identify an attack chain across systems.
• Proven experience performing threat hunting across endpoints, identities, networking, cloud and collaboration platforms.
• A good understanding of threat modelling, risk and how to mitigate the risks concerning applications, both from internal and external threat actors.
• A deep understanding of incident response processes and techniques for cyber recovery.
• A deep understanding of security operations centers, their functions and roles.
• A good understanding of the Microsoft platforms across Windows, Microsoft 365 and Azure.
• Experienced in managed security services, incident response and security advisory.
• A good understanding of techniques and approaches used by threat actors to compromise companies.
• A good understanding of the MITRE ATT&CK framework and how it can be applied to help customers improve their cyber defense.
• A good understanding of the business, privacy, security, and compliance challenges surrounding client data and able to articulate and understand the types of assets that would be seen as valuable and susceptible to attack.
• With an eye to the future, you are aware of emerging technologies in the Cyber Defense space.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly-expanding and exciting security practice, with the chance to develop your proven delivery experience into the area of pre-sales and solutioning and you will be exposed to large, global enterprise clients, with some of the most complex and enticing security problems to solve.
Benefits We Offer:
• Opportunity to work for Microsoft’s Global Alliance Partner of the Year (17 of the last 20 years!)
• Pension, Electric Car Purchase scheme (tax free!), 25 days holiday, Flexible benefits, Car allowance (where applicable), bonus, PMI, Life cover, IP cover and much more,
• Exceptional development and training with a minimum 80 hours/year of training and paid certifications
• Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
• Dedicated career adviser to encourage your progression
• Engaged and helpful coworkers genuinely interested in you
• Reward and recognition program
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 39,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at http://www.avanade.com/
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.