Corporate Citizenship Program Lead
Area of expertise:
Avanade Citizenship Program Lead
Avanade’s Citizenship mission is to enable young people and their communities to achieve more through the power of our people and digital innovation. We care about the people and places where we work and want to make a genuine human impact by inspiring the business and technology leaders of the future. We also care about the future digital workforce, and in particular the diversity of the workforce.
Would you like to be part of this journey and make a great impact, transforming the lives of young people and their community?
We are looking for a passionate, self-motivated, team player and result oriented programs and partners manager to join the Avanade global citizenship team. You will be someone who enjoys working with minimal structure but empowered to enable change; who thinks and works systematically and logically and brings strong communication and negotiating skills backed up with project management, technical skills and some social sector / citizenship knowledge.
This is part of the Global Corporate Citizenship team with a Growth Markets and Country remit primarily focused on partnership and program management for our citizenship efforts, reporting directly to the Area citizenship lead. You will work closely with the Area corporate citizenship leads and team members to support efforts in country to drive corporate citizenship initiatives. The successful applicant will also have responsibility for coordinating our citizenship champs program in the field and collaborating with marketing and communications, to amplify our message (internally and externally). Our Avanade citizenship projects run all the way from planning through execution and measuring impact, with many milestones in between. As Project Manager, you will look after all projects and programs. Your great management and people skills are at the heart of every project, across different businesses and borders, and you create and implement effective plans that meet citizenship objectives. Your multi-faceted role draws on your business knowledge to coordinate scope, schedule, budget, quality and risks, monitoring and reporting to enable a fast response to any issue and make an impact.
Drive Implementation of Citizenship Activities
- Shape and manage the rollout of the foundational elements of Avanade’s corporate citizenship in Growth Markets, including Avanade Gives, employee volunteering, STEM program, sustainability and a signature partnership.
- Manage the evaluation of options for a signature partnership for Avanade Growth Market
- Work closely with the various HR, Talent Acquisition to identify new activities representing a relevant opportunity for Avanade to further efforts to grow the STEM program and identify great talent our future leaders and workforce
- Manage the Avanade Volunteering ambition through collaborating with various team champs across various geographic regions to execute volunteering activities
Develop Key Messages for Area President and Area Corporate Citizenship Council members
- Partner with Citizenship and Corp Com to develop key messages on Avanade’s Growth Market citizenship for both internal and public engagements.
- Continue to embed corporate citizenship as an integral part of the Avanade Human Impact story, strategy and business in Growth Market.
- Represent Avanade and be the citizenship spokesperson in the community
Internal Engagement and External Outreach
- Identify and partner with key corporate citizenship advocates across the company to catalyse and manage engagement and commitment.
- Build strong relationship with parent companies Microsoft and Accenture in growth markets and leverage resources and support where appropriate.
- Build and maintain robust relationships with Junior Achievement (JA), local NGO community.
- Foster and support local community-facing programs aligned to corporate citizenship approach, including employee volunteering.
Operations and Management
- Work with the Growth Market Leadership and Corporate Citizenship Executive sponsor to develop GM strategy, goals and business plan, track progress and follow up on accountabilities.
- Manage strategy execution and coordinating various activities.
- coordinate with local champs, team activities, whether dedicated or volunteer.
- Track, manage and measure impact of agreed projects and activities to enable young people to transform lives and create new opportunities.
- Manage program logistics.
- Organize GM Corporate Citizenship Steering Committee meetings and calls, including building the agenda, facilitating discussions, collecting feedback, and following up on action items.
Process and Project Management
- Track accountabilities and follow up on meeting action items, deliverables and deadlines.
- Assist in preparing presentations
You really enjoy working with minimal structure and you work to enable change. You think and work systematically and logically, and your strong communication and negotiating skills are backed up by a passion and drive for Corporate Citizenship. We are looking for someone with:
- Extraordinary personal skills -- ability to interact productively with all stakeholders.
- Positive attitude, good judgment and common sense.
- Highly motivated, responsive and follows through on commitments.
- Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Disciplined, focused, detail-oriented and dedicated to meeting high standards of excellence.
- Comfortably works virtually across time zones and with various cultures.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Enjoys intense, fast-paced, goal-oriented environments focused on results.
- Previous experience in community investment, CSR, and project management.
You balance a strategic outlook with a practical focus on day-to-day activities and changing needs, and your business knowledge matches your excellent teamwork, communication and negotiating skills.
Your experience includes:
- Minimum five to 3-5 years of work experience, with demonstrated experiences in leading initiatives or projects with a flair for partnership approach.
- Prior experiences working in a global and virtual corporate environment in a project management or similar disciplines is a plus.
- Experience in project management and Microsoft productivity tools.
- Experience in managing or co-ordinating team activities.
Career Level: Consultant to Manager level
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.