Consultant Power BI
Area of expertise:
As a Power BI Consultant, you will design and develop human and/or machine experience using data and analytics tools and processes. Using emerging and established technologies, the Power BI Consultant will consider and design for both human and machine interactions in response to insights discovered from data. Additionally, this role will play a critical role in enabling data discovery of core issues, trends, expected and actual outcomes for humans and machines consuming the data.
· Implement project plans around reporting tools, information dashboards, data generators, and other end-user information portals or resources.
· Contribute to teams providing technology-based data reporting tools and management for business segments or the company at large.
· Bring expertise or identifies subject matter experts in support of multi-functional efforts to identify, interpret, and produce recommendations based on company reporting and data needs.
· Advise business groups by providing technical and strategic reports that identify and address business issues and opportunities.
· Generate ad hoc reports and regular datasets or report information for end-users using system tools and database or data warehouse queries and scripts.
· Integrate data from multiple sources to produce requested or required data elements.
· Program and maintain report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators, canned reports and other end-user information portals or resources. May create specifications for reports based on business requests.
· Proficient with visual data tools like Power BI, Qlik, or Tableau.- Demonstrable professional experience with data mining, analysis, modeling, of large scale, complex data sets
· Advanced proficiency with SQL for the generation and extraction of data for use in analytics and reporting.
· Interpret results using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple exploratory data analysis to statistical modeling- Enduring solutions meet business needs and requirements
· Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
· Experience partnering on analytics-related sales pursuits
· Client consulting and project-leadership experience working with third-party clients preferred but not essential
Microsoft Certified: Data Analyst Associate (DA-100)
You likely possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or another relevant field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
You likely have about 3-5+ years of relevant professional experience.
Nature of Work: Executes project/program plans and processes in alignment with established operational objectives.
Scope of Work: Primarily focused on own work, and execution of prescribed work plans.
Complexity : Complex problems primarily within one's occupation / discipline that require personal judgement of contextual factors.
Discretion: Wide latitude in approach to work within established work plans.
Organizational Impact: Work efforts have an immediate impact on Avanade and/or client operations.
Supervision Received: Works under general guidance and direction, but fully independent in own work with latitude for autonomous decision-making related to work process.
Knowledge Applied: Applies advanced knowledge of a learned occupation / discipline.
Accountable for:- Chargeability target- Personal goals
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.