Consultant, Onboarding Coordinator
Area of expertise:
Together we go beyond.
The Onboarding Coordinator will assist the North America Onboarding Lead with executing a smooth and seamless onboarding process for all new hires by managing new hire start date logistics, acting as the liaison between various stakeholders throughout the onboarding process, facilitating onboarding sessions during the first week of employment, and assisting new hires with onboarding tasks, including Form I-9 completion.
Onboarding Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Work with various stakeholders, including Talent Acquisition, IT, HR partners, and business leaders to ensure a smooth transition from pre-hire to full-time hire.
- Ensure all onboarding materials and first day details are sent timely to each new hire and all required pre-boarding tasks are completed prior to their start date.
- Facilitate a weekly pre-hire call to communicate essential information related to first day details and answer questions from new hires about what to expect during the first week.
- Ensure new hires have the necessary technical assistance from the IT department to successfully set up their hardware and software.
- Follow up with new hires regarding any missing information or past due onboarding tasks during the first week and send reminders as needed.
- Coordinate and assist with Week 1 activities for new employees, including managing calendar invitations and independently leading remote onboarding sessions.
Onboarding Coordinator Requirements:
- A bachelor's or associate degree in human resources management or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience as an onboarding coordinator or in a similar HR role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Experience reviewing and completing Form I-9s, including familiarity with E-Verify and answering questions related to required documentation.
- General knowledge of HR practices and policies.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.