Consultant, Data Engineering
Area of expertise:
Do you enjoy making sure that information is accessible and easy to use? So do we.
You’re a data designer who knows how to find, store and present a range of information from different sources so that everyone can access what they need quickly and simply, and use it effectively.
About the job
As a Consultant, Data Engineering, you know the importance of data to business. You design and set up projects that bring together information from a variety of sources, to enable analysis and decision-making. You make sure that data is accessible and easy to use, so that it can be used for routine and ad-hoc analysis.
Day to day, you will:
• Use your knowledge to plan and deliver data warehouse and BI report solution
• Take part in designing and running bespoke data services for individual projects
• Stay up to date with business best practice in using and retrieving data
• Design, develop, adapt and maintain data warehouse architecture and relational databases
• Customize storage and extraction, metadata, and information repositories
• Create and use effective metrics and monitoring processes
• Help to develop business intelligence tools
• Support deal teams by providing subject knowledge and solutions for client proposals
• Author reports that include key performance indicators, show where current operations can be improved, and identify the causes of any problems
• Create and maintain report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators and canned reports, as well as other information portals and resources
• Travel as required.
You understand how to turn piles of data into actionable insights that our clients can use to their competitive advantage. You can explain complex analytical concepts in non-technical language that business people can understand.
Your skills and experience include:
• Good communication skill, have client facing experience;
• Demonstrate significant experience working with database, storage, collection and aggregation models, techniques and technologies, with the ability to apply such methods to solve business problems.
• Experience in structured problem-solving assignments and strong troubleshooting skills
• Experience database and ETL job optimizing
• Experience ETL projects, familiar with ETL tools, like SSIS, informatica, Azure Data Factory
• Advanced SQL, Spark SQL, Hive development experience and others. Big Data solution on Azure a big plus, Databricks skills will be preferred
• Advanced reporting skill, Power BI, SRSS, Excel skills
• Experience python, node is a plus.
You probably have a bachelor and above degree in Computer Science, Economics, Statistics or a related field.
You’ve gained at least 3 years of relevant experience.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.