Code Technology Manager
Area of expertise:
As the Code Technology Manager, you will work with our clients and participate in the update and deployment of Azure services and resources in complex enterprise scale Azure solutions.
Examples of this include:
- Update and design of Azure services and resources into existing cloud solutions
- Migration and modernization of existing workloads
- Constructing operationalized workflows in a cloud model
Cloud transformation at this scale requires knowledge in public cloud in general and Microsoft Azure in particular. You must be conversant in modern engineering practices and methods such as Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Configuration as Code (CaC).
You are able to demonstrate a track record of helping large and complex clients successfully adopt and run their critical mission workloads in the public cloud. Ideally, you have experience using DevOps tools to update cloud services and resources.
Day-to-Day You Will:
- Work in partnership with Application and Infrastructure teams, collaborating on the implementation and execution of Infrastructure as Code, (IaC) to fulfill business objectives
- Effectively collaborate with internal technical SMEs, internal stakeholders, and clients
- Implement and operate DevOps pipelines
- Research and implement environmental changes via Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Deliver at a consistently high standard, assisting with technical issues, escalations, and resolution
- Assist Avanade in meeting client agreed upon Service Level Agreements
- Acquire required technical certifications, which Avanade will sponsor
- Keep up to date with technology trends
Your Technical Skills Include:
- Proven relevant Systems Engineering and/or Infrastructure Management experience
- Experience with DevOps methodology and tools
- Object-Oriented Programming
- JSON and ARM templates
- Git and CI/CD pipelines
- Azure IaaS and PaaS
Preferred Technical Skills Include:
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps
- Visual Studio
- Cloud Security
- Kubernetes, Docker, and Helm
- Chef, Jenkins, or Puppet
- Monitoring with Azure Monitor
Your Non-Technical Skills Include:
- Participating in technology infrastructure projects or as an operations team member
- Familiarity with ITIL processes with related work experience (Incident Management, Change Management, etc.)
- Demonstrated excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
- Developing professional technical documentation and meet project deadlines
- Collaborate effectively with team members, organization and/or individuals with varied skills and experience
- Experience working with global teams to facilitate project work
- Excellent communication skills, including solid written and spoken English skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, Information Technology, or similar or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Azure, AWS, or GCP certifications strongly preferred
- ITIL Foundation certification or higher - If not already certified, must obtain within first 6 months of employment
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.