Cloud Transformation/Containerization Infrastructure Engineer
Area of expertise:
- Cloud transformation and migration solutions, infrastructure solutions, cloud technologies, networking, data center operations, platform migration
- Consulting focused on infrastructure modernization and migration to Azure (IaaS/Paas)
- Infrastructure migration or data center migration
- Software development basics (SCM, git, github, Azure DevOps)
- Cloud Security
- Application modernization and containers (AKS, Dockers, Kubernetes)
- Operation management, systems security, testing, databases and mobility considerations
- Up-to-date knowledge of Microsoft products
- Ability to gain an understanding of customer process and issues, and communicate them back
- Great teammate with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with offshore teams to facilitate project work
- Demonstrated excellence in communicating and presenting sophisticated information to technical and non-technical partners, both verbally and in written form
- Proven experience on developing technical, business and operations aspects in requirements gathering, use-case scenarios and high-level architecture
- Ability to develop work breakdown structure/tasks, identification of dependencies and providing inputs to project management
- Advanced skills and experience in application lifecycle management, agile development methods and software planning
- Effective at recruiting talented people, managing and influencing virtual teams, and developing leaders
- Strategic thinker about business issues across product areas and industries
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive them to completion effectively
- Monitor, mentor, and lead teams to overcome roadblocks and challenges and implement coordination
- You like possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
- 7+ years of increasingly diverse or complex experience in a software/product development capacity
- 5+ years proven record of working with global teams
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.