Cloud Transformation Architect - Mid-West Region
Area of expertise:
As a Cloud Transformation Architect, you will lead highly-functional teams to plan, evaluate, design, build, and deploy enterprise applications and services into the Azure Public Cloud.
About the Role
- You will be involved with enterprise-level Azure-centric projects where you will plan, design, and execute cloud transformation programs.
- You will be part of the deployment, testing, and implementation of applications and services into Azure.
- You will lead large-scale application assessment, transformation, and migration projects.
- You will architect application and server migrations using automation tools like Azure DevOps, ARM, and Terraform.
- You will manage a combination of on-shore and off-shore resources.
- You will work closely with application, network, and security teams to ensure requirements are reflected appropriately in the Azure design.
- You will work closely with project stakeholders and be able to clearly articulate transformational plans, benefits, and value.
You are a solid technologist with strong business skills. You are as comfortable working with a technical team as with client business users, and you skillfully build collaboration between the two. You are an excellent communicator, are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions.
Your experience, training, and certifications
- You have extensive experience with Microsoft Azure IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS services.
- You have experience with Cloud Networking, Governance, BC/HA/DR, and Security.
- You have experience with Azure DevOps, DevOps tools and processes, Terraform, Ansible, and other automation tools/platforms.
- You have extensive experience with cloud transformation for enterprise, app migration, modernization, re-platforming, and other potential disposition activities.
- You hold certification(s) for Microsoft Azure Fundamentals, Azure Solution Architect Expert, or Microsoft Azure DevOps Engineer Expert.
- You have Knowledge of Microsoft CAF
- Understand customers’ overall compute estate, IT and business priorities, and success measures to design and implement Microsoft and 3rd party architectures and solutions.
- Apply your technical knowledge to design solutions that meet business and IT needs, build cloud transformation roadmaps for the technical viability of new deployments while infusing key Azure tools and technologies where appropriate.
- Apply deep application architecture to help customer build modernization scenarios.
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Maintain and advance deep technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and insights, and share within the technical community.
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners, and external communities.
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured plan and ensure its delivery.
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Azure technologies, BI technologies, with the technical capability and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trends.
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge, with depth in three or more of the following areas: Governance, Security, Networking, DevOps and Service Cataloging (PaaS/IaaS/SaaS).
- 5+ years of experience in consultative/complex technical sales or deployment projects required.
- Consistent record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives and growing data services in large or highly strategic accounts.
- Driving decisions reciprocally, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company.
- Infrastructure as code experience is highly valued.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.