Cloud Solutions Architect
Area of expertise:
Azure Solutions Architect- NYC, NJ, Boston, CT, Philly
Do you wake up every single day thinking about how technology and industry trends will impact & influence business models, services, and products? So do we! The ideal candidate will drive Advanced Azure Solutions where you bring your uniqueness to client facing roles, leading deep technical architecture discussions, collaborating with Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers all for the benefit of your clients. You are able to find the best tech solution among all possible to decipher the existing business problems.
As a Senior Cloud Solutions Architect, you will lead teams to plan, design, build and participate in deploying enterprise Microsoft technology infrastructures in the Azure Public Cloud. Craft-fully applying your knowledge and technical expertise in the designing of systems to support customer needs and you contribute to our vast repository of intellectual property. Additionally, you will coach, train, and mentor team members and customers. You will be involved in the selling of Avanade solutions, proposal development, change requirements and Pre-sales initiatives that further develop customer relationships as well as some Delivery Solutioning.
As an Azure Solutions Architect you are involved with the following:
- Azure infrastructure enterprise level projects that design and deploy cloud environments for hosting business application services. You lead designing, testing, and implementing application services migrations in both a manual and automated manner
- Incorporating best of breed solutions from our cloud partners; HashiCorp, Datadog, GitHub, Citrix, MegaPort, etc.
- Infrastructure as Code architecture and solutions involving ARM, Terraform and/or Bicep Templates
- Kubernetes & AKS platform containerization PaaS services solutions
- CI/CD Automation, Configuration Items/Parameters and Desired Configuration with Ansible and Chef
- Software defined solutions with Azure DevOps and/or GitHub actions
- Solutions involving containerization technologies, I.E. Docker
- Working closely with client operational resources in updating their on-premises practices to include cloud operating modalities and models
- Integrate and interface with diverse subject matter expert teams of on-shore and off-shore resources. You also will work closely with application, network, and security teams to ensure requirements are reflected appropriately in the Azure cloud solution design
You're passionate about Cloud technology and you have strong business skills. You are as comfortable working with a technical team as with client business users and you know how to nurture teams / build links between the two. Your professional consultative manner makes you an excellent communicator who is adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions. You enjoy creatively helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of your technical automated solutions.
Your Responsibilities include:
- Excel in understanding customers’ overall computing estate, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions (Microsoft and 3rd party solutions) using advanced analytics and artificial intelligence
- Applying your technical knowledge to shape solutions that meet business and IT needs, build cloud transformation roadmaps, all to ensure long term success for client
- Understand the technical viability of new deployments, infusing key Azure tools and technologies where appropriate and where you recommend are best suited
- You thrive at cultivating deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to organically become cloud advocates
- Maintain and advance your technology depth and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends, industry insights, and ultimately sharing within the technical community
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities. Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured plan and ensure its delivery
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Azure technologies, BI technologies, with the technical curiosity and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trends. Your breadth of technical experience and knowledge, with depth in two or more of the following areas: Azure Infrastructure, Data Governance, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
- 8+ years of experience in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects required
- Success history collaboratively driving decisions, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow using your outstanding verbal and written communication skills. You Present with a high degree of comfort to both large and small audiences that vary from Senior Leaders, business management, IT and developers
- Prior success and enjoyment working in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services firm
Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis.
At Avanade, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where our people can be the best at what they do. We are proud be among leading organizations who are taking a stand for gender equity, both in and outside the workplace. This includes teaming with like-minded partners who are as passionate as we are about strengthening the role of women in the workplace, including Women in Technology International, Anita Borg Institute and Catalyst. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and Learn more at www.avanade.com
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.