Cloud Solution Architect
Area of expertise:
About the role
Avanade Azure professionals design, build and protect systems, applications, data, assets and people for our organization and our clients. This involves researching, recommending and implementing solutions to enhance information security, as well as educating and communicating security requirements and procedures to clients.
As a Security Architect, you will direct, manage and/or supervise information security activities. You will research, formulate and present a point of view to technical and business stakeholders. Partnering with internal and client servicing teams, you will contribute information security architecture insights and guidance to client solutions. You will identify, prioritize and implement security-related requirements, enabling project teams to deliver secure IT solutions through effective risk management and threat-modeling.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Act as a subject matter expert in Microsoft security technologies
- Implement POCs
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of information security activities including access management, vulnerability assessments, penetration testing, infrastructure and regulatory compliance with privacy laws
- Perform risk assessments, present recommendations for risk mitigation options and implement accordingly
- Analyze business needs and oversee security architecture, administration and policy planning to reduce the risk of security breach
- Act as a subject matter expert, providing guidance and direction on best practices for the protection of information.
You have experience identifying, providing and validating security requirements of IT solutions, preferably in a consulting environment. You should have about six years of IT experience focusing on information security, with around three years managing complex teams of business and technical resources. You should also be able to effectively convey security risks to technical as well as non-technical stakeholders.
Your technological and business skillset likely includes:
- Methods and identification tools for risks and security threats
- Knowledge of information security standards
- Expertise implementing security solutions in public cloud IaaS/PaaS
- Proficiency implementing security configurations in Office 365
- Proficiency implementing security solutions in zero-trust networks
- Proficiency in several security technologies including data loss prevention, encryption, cloud access security brokers, identity and access management, micro-segmentation, multi-factor authentication, endpoint protection, SIEM and perimeter defenses
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Effective advisory services in large-scale technology projects working effectively with clients and Avanade team members across all levels.
You should have a Bachelor's Degree in computer science, a related field or equivalent experience. Security certification(s) are required.
- Knowledge of information security standards
- 2+ years public cloud IaaS security experience
- Implemented a multi-factor authentication solution
- 2+ years Azure Active Directory experience
- Implemented Splunk or another SIEM
- GSEC (or other GIAC certification) or CISSP
- Microsoft Azure certification (plus)
- Salary compensation $125-$135 Avanade is offering for the position.
- Additional yearly bonuses based on Performance, with additional Extended Benefits, that Avanade offers.
- Avanade also includes health care benefits, retirement benefits, benefits permitting paid days off (including sick leave, parental leave, and paid time off or vacation benefits), and any other benefits that must be reported for federal tax purposes, but not benefits in the form of minor perks.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.