Cloud Security Engineer - Consultant, Japan
Area of expertise:
Avanade is looking for an experienced Cloud & Network Security Consultant. This role is predominantly a client-facing delivery focused role providing the unique opportunity to help our clients solve complex and cutting-edge Cloud, Network and Infrastructure security business challenges across the Microsoft Azure cloud, as well as securing on-premises systems and defining best practice approaches to modern cloud networking and remote access mechanisms.
About the Role:
In this client-facing role, you will be engaged on some of the most exciting, complex, and leading-edge projects. You will play an active role in transforming our client’s Cloud and Network Security postures and operations through the design and implementation of Cloud and Network Security technologies that apply both to the Cloud and hybrid infrastructures, with a focus on the Microsoft Azure Security capabilities, as well as leading market vendors (e.g., Zscaler, Palo Alto etc.).
As a member of Avanade’s security practice, you will be in a unique position to work for both Avanade and Accenture clients, ranging in size from medium to large global enterprise clients. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the entire Avanade organization by being a collaborative and knowledge-sharing individual, with the real opportunity to help shape the global Avanade security offerings as well as demonstrating your thought-leadership by producing blogs and articles for your region and for Avanade.com. We actively encourage and provide opportunity to undertake innovation, training, and development to ensure you are always at the cutting-edge Microsoft Security technology and our vendor solutions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop yourself into a leader in the Cloud Security space. You will learn how to delivery large and complex Cloud and Network Security solutions, as well as gain the knowledge and experience of Microsoft’s broader Security, Compliance, and Identity ecosystem, which is already recognized as a world-leading integrated security platform.
You are a Cloud and Network Security consultant interested in joining our rapidly growing Security practice, your skills may include some of the following soft skills as well as the technical skills we require:
- You are experienced in owning the design and implementation of technology solutions.
- You are experienced ensuring you deliver what is stated in a contract.
- You have some experience in supporting and developing more junior team members.
- You are dedicated and deliver high quality deliverables and outcomes.
Important note: We are agnostic on the vendors you’ve worked with; we’re looking for your skills and capabilities in this area and a proven ability to learn new technology.
Ideally, you would have had experience working on the Microsoft platform, however we can provide focused training to the right candidates who can demonstrate their passion, experience and thought-leadership in this space. To hit the ground running, your skills may include:
- Proven experience in designing and implementing Cloud Security Controls to meet the compliance or industry best practice needs of clients.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing cloud native Network Security Controls following industry, security and compliance best practices.
- Experience of Network Virtual Appliances, Micro-segmentation, SASE and Infrastructure as Code.
- A good understanding of how to manage and govern cloud and network security controls within public and hybrid cloud architectures.
- A good understanding of security, incident and event management solutions and their roles in Cyber Defense, experience with Azure Sentinel is of particular value.
- A good understanding of the business, privacy, security, and compliance challenges surrounding the secure development lifecycle and a passion for solving these challenges for clients.
- A good understanding of threat modelling, risk and how to mitigate the risks concerning applications, both from internal and external threat actors.
- An eye on the future, you will be aware of emerging technologies in the application security landscape and be aware of the latest tools and techniques to mitigate threats.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding and exciting Security practice, with the opportunity to expand your proven delivery experience into the area of pre-sales and solutioning and you will be exposed to large, global enterprise clients, with some of the most complex and enticing security problems to solve.
Benefits We Offer:
Opportunity to work for Microsoft’s Global Alliance Partner of the Year (17 of the last 20 years!)
Exceptional development and training with a minimum 80 hours/year of training and paid certifications
- Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
- Dedicated career adviser to encourage your progression
- Engaged and helpful coworkers genuinely interested in you
- Reward and recognition program
- Full benefits package including medical coverage, income protection policy, extended benefits, bonus program, generous retirement plan, and much more!
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.