Cloud Security Consultant
Area of expertise:
Avanade is looking for an experienced Cloud & Network Security Consultant. This role is predominantly a client-facing delivery focused role providing the unique opportunity to help our clients solve complex and cutting-edge Cloud, Network and Infrastructure security business challenges across the Microsoft Azure cloud, as well as securing on-premises systems and defining best practice approaches to modern cloud networking and remote access mechanisms.
About the Role
In this client-facing role, you will be working on some of the most exciting, complex, and leading-edge projects. You will play an active role in transforming our clients’ approach to Security in the Cloud across both public, and hybrid cloud services. You will also have the opportunity to help to mature their security operations through designing and implementing new approaches, technologies and compliance frameworks to help clients manage and govern their cloud and network security footprint.
As a member of Avanade’s security practice, you will be in a unique position to work for both Avanade and Accenture clients, ranging in size from medium to large global enterprise clients. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the entire Avanade organization by being a collaborative and knowledge-sharing individual, with the real opportunity to help shape the global Avanade security offerings as well as demonstrating your thought-leadership by producing blogs and articles for your region and for Avanade.com. We actively encourage and provide opportunity to undertake innovation, training, and development to ensure you are always at the cutting-edge Microsoft Security technology and our vendor solutions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop yourself into a leader in the Cloud Security space. You will learn how to delivery large and complex Cloud and Network Security solutions, as well as gain the knowledge and experience of Microsoft’s broader Security, Compliance, and Identity ecosystem, which is already recognized as a world-leading integrated security platform.
You are a Cloud and Network Security consultant interested in joining our rapidly growing Security practice, your skills may include some of the following soft skills as well as the technical skills we require:
- You are experienced in owning the design and implementation of technology solutions.
- You are experienced ensuring you deliver what is stated in a contract.
- You have some experience in supporting and developing more junior team members.
- You are dedicated and deliver high quality deliverables and outcomes.
Ideally, you would have had experience working on the Microsoft platform, however we can provide focused training to the right candidates who can demonstrate their passion, experience and thought-leadership in this space. To hit the ground running, your skills may include:
- Proven experience in designing and implementing Cloud Security Controls to meet the compliance or industry best practice needs of clients.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing cloud native Network Security Controls following industry, security and compliance best practices.
- Experience of Network Virtual Appliances, Micro-segmentation, SASE and Infrastructure as Code.
- A good understanding of how to manage and govern cloud and network security controls within public and hybrid cloud architectures.
- A good understanding of security, incident and event management solutions and their roles in Cyber Defense, experience with Azure Sentinel is of particular value.
- A good understanding of the business, privacy, security, and compliance challenges surrounding the secure development lifecycle and a passion for solving these challenges for clients.
- A good understanding of threat modelling, risk and how to mitigate the risks concerning applications, both from internal and external threat actors.
- An eye on the future, you will be aware of emerging technologies in the application security landscape and be aware of the latest tools and techniques to mitigate threats.
- Strong technical skills to design and implement Azure Security services with hands-on experience on several, but not all, of the items outlined below:
- Azure Monitor
- Azure Defender
- Azure Log Analytics
- Application Gateway
- Azure Firewall/WAF
- Azure Policy
- Database security
- Azure Kubernetes Service
- Azure Networks
- Azure Security Center
- Azure Sentinel
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Azure Security Engineer (AZ-500)
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding and exciting Security practice, with the opportunity to expand your proven delivery experience into the area of pre-sales and solutioning and you will be exposed to large, global enterprise clients, with some of the most complex and enticing security problems to solve.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.