Cloud Security Architect
Area of expertise:
Avanade is looking to hire an experienced Cloud Security Architect. This is predominantly a delivery-focused role with the opportunity to support on pre-sales activities. We provide the unique opportunity to help our clients solve complex and cutting-edge Cloud Security business challenges, and you will have the opportunity to help shape their future Cloud and Network Security strategy (security advisory), help solution their future capabilities and introduce managed security services to help them operate and run their Cloud and Network Security services.
About the role
In this client-facing role, you will be working on some of the most exciting, complex and leading-edge projects. You will play an active role in transforming our clients’ approach to Security in the Cloud across both public, and hybrid cloud services. You will also have the opportunity to help to mature their security operations through designing and implementing new approaches, technologies and compliance frameworks to help clients manage and govern their cloud and network security footprint.
As a member of Avanade’s security practice, you will be in a unique position to work for both Avanade and Accenture clients, ranging in size from medium to large global enterprise clients. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the entire Avanade organization by being a collaborative and knowledge-sharing individual, with the real opportunity to help shape the global Avanade security offerings as well as demonstrating your thought-leadership by producing blogs and articles for your region and for Avanade.com. We actively encourage and provide opportunity to undertake innovation, training, and development to ensure you are always at the cutting-edge Microsoft Security technology and our vendor solutions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to establish yourself as a leader in the Cloud Security space, learn how to solution deals across for our large and global client base, as well as gaining the knowledge and experience of Microsoft’s broader Security, Compliance and Identity (SCI) ecosystem, which is already recognized as a world-leading integrated security platform.
You are a Cloud Security Architect interested in joining our rapidly growing Security practice, your skills may include some of the following soft skills as well as the technical skills we require:
- You are experienced in leading medium to large projects and project teams.
- You are experienced with managing deliverables and being responsible for delivering against critical milestones.
- You have some experience in solution architecture and pre-sales deal shaping.
- You have some experience in developing and maintaining long term strategic client relationships.
Important note: We are agnostic on the vendors you’ve worked with; we’re looking for your skills and capabilities in this area and a proven ability to learn new technology.
Ideally, you would have had experience working on the Microsoft platform, however we can provide focused training to the right candidates who can demonstrate their passion, experience and thought leadership in this space. To hit the ground running, your skills may include:
- Proven experience in designing and implementing Cloud Security Controls to meet the compliance or industry best practice needs of clients.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing cloud native Network Security Controls following industry, security and compliance best practices.
- Experience of Network Virtual Appliances, Micro-segmentation, SASE and Infrastructure as Code.
- Proven understanding of how to manage and govern cloud and network security controls within public and hybrid cloud architectures.
- Proven understanding of the business, privacy, security, and compliance challenges surrounding the secure development lifecycle and a passion for solving these challenges for clients.
- Proven experience of security, incident and event management solutions, their design, implementation and integration into Security Operations. Azure Sentinel experience is of particular interest.
- A good understanding of threat modelling, risk and how to mitigate the risks concerning applications, both from internal and external threat actors.
- An eye on the future, you will be aware of emerging technologies in the application security landscape and be aware of the latest tools and techniques to mitigate threats.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding and exciting Security practice, with the opportunity to expand your proven delivery experience into the area of pre-sales and solutioning and you will be exposed to large, global enterprise clients, with some of the most complex and enticing security problems to solve.
Benefits We Offer:
- Opportunity to work for Microsoft’s Global Alliance Partner of the Year (17 of the last 20 years!)
- Pension, Electric Car Purchase scheme (tax free!), 25 days holiday, Flexible benefits, Car allowance (where applicable), bonus, PMI, Life cover, IP cover and much more,
- Exceptional development and training with a minimum 80 hours/year of training and paid certifications
- Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
- Dedicated career adviser to encourage your progression
- Engaged and helpful coworkers genuinely interested in you
- Reward and recognition program
- Full benefits package including medical coverage, income protection policy, extended benefits, bonus program, generous retirement plan, and much more!
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 36,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at http://www.avanade.com/
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.