Cloud Infrastructure Architect
Area of expertise:
Ready stretch the capabilities of the Microsoft cloud? We can Azure you a future with Avanade that is fascinating, fulfilling, and fun. Explore the opportunity below and see if Avanade is right for you.
Avanade and you
You’re passionate about next-generation technologies and always looking to build new skills. Come help define the future by creating and implementing solutions in the Microsoft ecosystem. You’ll learn, you’ll grow, you’ll get to do some really cool stuff.
- Interacting with Clients and Avanade sponsors and delivery teams (including partners) focused on solving mission-critical business and technology problems and provide innovative solutions using Cloud Native Application & Integration capabilities and IaaS capabilities of Microsoft Azure
- Executing technical feasibility assessments, solution estimations and proposal development for Cloud Transformation and Application Modernization to Microsoft Azure
- Developing technical and security specifications for the targeted applications/workloads in Microsoft Azure
- Developing a migration / modernization approach to move workloads / application from On-Premises to Microsoft Azure or develop new cloud-native application solutions
- Lead and mentor medium to large sized teams in the migration / modernization workloads or implementations of application and services to the cloud in large enterprise environments
- Document and share technical best practices and insights with the Clients and Avanade community, contributing to Avanade’s repository of intellectual property
- 8+ years of information technology experience including 3+ years of hands on experience with public cloud technologies and their implementation with experience in Azure or Private Cloud
- Understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Experienced on how to build a business case and value proposition for public cloud solution (Microsoft Azure preferred); Understand how to create a business case for modernizing applications on Microsoft Azure
- Working experience developing, architecting & supporting application leveraging Microsoft Azure services (including Azure SQL DB, Azure Kubernetes Services, Serverless, Azure Logic Apps)
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge around the end-to-end value chain of IT applications and infrastructure on Cloud
- Solid experience with Linux and Container technologies
- Expertise in at least one of the programming languages, like Python or Teraform. IaC is highly preferred
- Experience in planning and implementing cloud architectures for critical business systems
- Proven track record of building trusted technical and business relationships with senior executives and driving grow in highly strategic or key accounts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively convey strategic concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple levels
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills leveraging all available resources
- Ability to connect technology with measurable business value
- Deep technical experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Software design or development of highly distributed applications
- Database architectures
You likely possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
You likely have 3+ years of prior related work experience, preferably in a technology or consulting environment with great verbal and written communication in both English and Chinese
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.