You are a solid technologist with good business acumen. You are as comfortable working with a technical team as you are consulting with business users. You are a strong collaborator with excellent communications skills, are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions.
Our Consultants create sustainable concepts, working with our portfolio management team to make the most of technological developments in the Cloud. You’ll support your clients by working with them on the architecture and implementation of sophisticated cloud hosted solutions that support their business requirements. Your work helps clients get the very best out of the Cloud.
You’ll need to bring great interpersonal and communication skills to this role, as you help your technical and non-technical clients engage with often complex information.
You will be responsible for the solutioning and technical delivery of enterprise-scale solutions based on the Microsoft ecosystem. Components of which may include Azure, Azure Stack, and M365 Modern Workplace. Your expertise will help drive innovation, offering development and evolution, and critically, sales generation and solution design support to assist our regional sales teams with pipeline and lighthouse deal conversion.
Key Role Responsibilities
Day-to-day, you will:
- Actively craft and implement innovative Azure cloud solutions with Microsoft technologies for clients
- Input into, or lead where appropriate, critical cloud transformation pursuits and deals that have the potential to make a significant positive impact on sales, revenues, client portfolio, capability, and reputation
- Collaborate with, educate, and upskill regional team members so that they have the insights, capability, and capacity to accelerate cloud transformation opportunities
- Input into new, or evolve, Offerings and Sub-Offerings to help Avanade stay relevant in the market and be recognized as the leader in Microsoft cloud transformation solutions
- Be aware of, and understand, competitor offerings in the market
- Adapt and augment existing solutions, assets, methods, and tools to help Avanade lower the cost of sale and delivery
Skill & Capability Requirements
- You are an experienced IT infrastructure and cloud platform solution architect, with a track record of solution engineering and delivery leadership. You have also developed and grown long-term, high-value client relationships, with strong influencing and negotiation capabilities. Internally, you enjoy advising (in a hands-on way) teams in the development, production, and promotion of client-centric deals, solutions, and offerings.
- Demonstrated consulting experience with migrations to Microsoft Azure
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure solutions, specifically in relation to Microsoft programs, platform migration, system security, enterprise directories, and cloud technologies.
- Experience in delivering complex platforms for client organizations that have contributed directly to, or enabled, improved customer/ employee experience, profitability, responsiveness, reputational enhancement, and top talent retention
- Experience in building, developing, and retaining talented teams containing a mix of consulting and technology engineering skills
- Ability to effectively team with peers in a large, matrixed organization, including experience with onshore, near-shore, and off-shore delivery teams
- Strong consulting / project-based background with experience of complex programs consisting of multiple workstreams, including assessing and managing the associated opportunity and risk
- Good presentation skills with an ability to equally talk to an engineer as well as a CXO and still get appropriate messages across
- Knowledge of Azure public and hybrid cloud including IaaS and PaaS services, automation and DevOps, application modernization and migration, containerization and microservices, and so on
- Knowledge of Modern Workplace technology platforms and services including Active Directory, Azure AD, Microsoft 365 (Office 365, Windows 10 and Enterprise Mobility + Security), and an appreciation of Evergreen IT, Datacentre Operations, and IT Governance
Benefits of being an Avanade Employee
- Additional 5 days personal Leave + Opportunity to purchase extra annual leave
- Wellbeing & Gadget Allowance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous parental leave
- Corporate private health insurance discounts
- Up to 80 hours of training per year
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate, or within 1 year of hire
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect is highly desirable
- You will be willing to travel interstate if required for project requirements.
Please APPLY only if you are a Permanent Resident or an Australian Citizen with full working rights.