Area of expertise:
Avanade is growing, and we seek passionate and driven technology professionals to join our team designing and delivering exciting solutions to transform our client’s businesses.
As a Cloud Architect within our Infrastructure practice, you will be responsible for the solutioning and technical delivery of enterprise-scale solutions based on the Microsoft ecosystem. Components of which may include Azure, Azure Stack, and M365 Modern Workplace. Your expertise will help drive innovation, offering development and evolution, and critically, sales generation and solution design support to assist our regional sales teams with pipeline and lighthouse deal conversion.
- Input into, or lead where appropriate, critical cloud transformation pursuits and deals that have the potential to make a significant positive impact on sales, revenues, client portfolio, capability, and reputation
- Collaborate with, educate and upskill regional team members so that they have the insights, capability, and capacity to accelerate cloud transformation opportunities
- Input into new, or evolve, Offerings and Sub-Offerings to help Avanade stay relevant in the market and be recognized as the leader in Microsoft cloud transformation solutions
- Be aware of, and understand, competitor offerings in the market
- Adapt and augment existing solutions, assets, methods, and tools to help Avanade lower the cost of sale and delivery
You are an experienced IT infrastructure and cloud platform solution architect, with a track record of solution engineering and delivery leadership. You have also developed and grown long-term, high-value client relationships, with strong influencing and negotiation capabilities. Internally, you enjoy advising (in a hands-on way) teams in the development, production, and promotion of client-centric deals, solutions, and offerings.
In addition, your professional skillset likely includes:
- Experience in delivering complex platforms for client organizations that have contributed directly to, or enabled, improved customer/ employee experience, profitability, responsiveness, reputational enhancement, and top talent retention
- Experience in building, developing, and retaining talented teams containing a mix of consulting and technology engineering skills
- Ability to effectively team with peers in a large, matrixed organization, including experience with onshore, near-shore, and off-shore delivery teams
- Strong consulting / project-based background with experience of complex programs consisting of multiple workstreams, including assessing and managing the associated opportunity and risk
- Good presentation skills with an ability to equally talk to an engineer as well as a CXO and still get appropriate messages across
- Knowledge of Azure public and hybrid cloud including IaaS and PaaS services, automation and DevOps, application modernization and migration, containerization and microservices, and so on
- Knowledge of Modern Workplace technology platforms and services including Active Directory, Azure AD, Microsoft 365 (Office 365, Windows 10 and Enterprise Mobility + Security), and an appreciation of Evergreen IT, DataCenter Operations, and IT Governance
- You currently hold or are eligible for Security Clearance (NV2 highly desirable)
You also ideally have:
- A track record of building a technology transformation or digital business transformation through a combination of new logo wins and expansion of existing engagements using indirect/ direct channels. You will ideally have developed and cultivated IT leadership relationships in certain technology domains
- Industry knowledge covering one or more of the following: Health and Public Sector, Banking, Insurance, Products, Retail, Energy, Utilities,
Preferred Education Background:
You will likely possess a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant field
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
Over 10 years of relevant technology leadership experience including solution and delivery management particularly within a consultancy or systems integrator
Please note - Applicants need to be Australian Citizens.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.